Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any input on the best steering stabilizer? I looked at pep, but I am not sure, looks a little cheap maybe?

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I have a denton rebuildable, I will ride on it some tonight so i'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you buy your denton. Schmitty, do you sell them?

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Yep, I got mine from schmitty, shoot him a PM he has some pretty good prices. :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got a Denton for the YFZ and will never ride without one again.The Pep's do seem cheaply built, thats why I went Denton

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I am going to sound very newbish, and I really hate when I do that, but what exactly will these do? Is it the same thing as a steering damper because I was told to get one of these to help prevent what happened to my wrist... :huh:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes kid, they are the same thing, and I am happy to say I have a denton on the way, Thanks Schmitty!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Wow, these things work wonders! When I 1st rode on it today I was kinda thinking it sucked because it didn't feel like it was doing anything, then that's when I realized I only had it on soft. So I cranked it up on hard and it was unbelieveable how well it deadened the bumps and ruts, it took me forever before I got arm pump today! I would recommend it for everybody.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Who has a pic?

I have a Denton that I got used. It's installed and seems to be working OK, but I want to make sure it's mounted right.

Looks like it sticks out just a little the way I have it...just want to see if there's a better way.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I know what you mean about the mounting, I actually flipped the mounting bracket around the other direction and it made me feel better. They do stick out aways but my bumper guards it well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info LUKE, I can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
does any body know what the best place to get scotts mounting kit for a good price . Because i have scott's dampener that i got off my dads 600rr that he selling. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Couldn't you just make the brackets?

I know the Scott's mounts are different, but we just fabbed up some mounts to put a WER on my brother's EX. I welded a tab on the stem and one on the frame.

If you have the mount from the other quad, it could probably made to fit.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Jun 18 2004, 02:37 PM
I know  what you mean about the mounting, I actually flipped the mounting bracket around the other direction and it made me feel better. They do stick out aways but my bumper guards it well.
Hey any pics look, I really wanna see what these things look like! And I am new to these steering stabilizers, do they affect the ground clearance up front at all??

Thanks,
Zack

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Jun 19 2004, 02:35 PM
Hey any pics luke, I really wanna see what these things look like!  And I am new to these steering stabilizers, do they affect the ground clearance up front at all??

Thanks,
Zack
Here you go Zack, just for you!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Thanks Luke, I had no idea what those things looked like until now :D I definately gotta look into those once I get some cash (just went on a little spending spree)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could someone post the instillation directions for the Denton, steering stablizer. I bought a used one and I am not sure which way the brackets should go. I see Luke's pics but it appears the brackets are on backwards. Is this right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Actually, my front bracket is backwards. It was easier for me to put it on this way. Lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Luke, are you able to get full range of motion out of it this way? I can't seem to get it to go full left and right with the bracket the other way, it always bottoms out one way or the other. I will try it your way, it just looks like the recessed area in the front bracket is for the nut. I was a little worried about the tie rod link not fitting the bracket properly with it reversed.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Yes, I'm am getting full range of motion. I found myself wondering if they had machined the recessed part on the wrong side. It was my 1st time installing one so it was hard for me to determine.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts