Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to improve my steering I current have nothing but a lone star stem and looking to get a decent stabilizer pretty cheap but one that’s good. Also I’m new to really all the 450 parts and mods

· Making HP ain’t free. . .
5,010 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you on board.

The general consensus is that “puck” styles are much better than “stick” styles. I wouldn’t waste money on a stick style since they tend to not last very long. If you got the cash to spend, I would buy a Motowoz stabilizer. Motowoz is a great small company and they have always treated me well and make great products. There are others like GPR that are really good too. However if you’re not a pro rider and don’t need the best of the best, a CCP stabilizer is an excellent option. They have been around for a long time, they are pretty good quality, they are made in the USA, and they are affordable. You can buy them on eBay, or I can get you his email if you wanted to get a better price than what they are listed for on eBay.

There has been hundreds threads on steering stabilizers where guys with all different brands talk about them and the pros and cons of them. At the top of the forum there is a text box that says “Search Community”, type steering stabilizer in that box and search and there is tons of reading on all the different brands and styles. Obviously we will be more than happy to answer any and all questions you have about them, but there’s a lot of good info in those old threads. And the main reason I mention that is because if you are looking for quick feedback, that is your best bet.

· Cane Rider!
1,349 Posts
I’m looking to improve my steering I current have nothing but a lone star stem and looking to get a decent stabilizer pretty cheap but one that’s good. Also I’m new to really all the 450 parts and mods
Get the CCP. You wont regret.

· Truck Yea
6,119 Posts
ccp here myself, both 400ex and 450r i love them. 10 years on the 400 no issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts