Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the resistance on the stator of my 06 trx450er, because it tries to start and dies,I've got to the point,where I keep the start button pressed and turn the black knob (idle/speed adjuster) and I've managed to keep the bike running, but once it's off so I can inspect spark plug to see if it's lean or rich,when I try to start the bike it sounds like it has no juice,even having jumper wires from truck,and if I turn down the idle it'll turn over but won't start,it'll just backfire and try to start but won't stay running, mods: 100mm Cylinder with CP Carillo piston, Stock Ferrea Valves and springs, Hotcams stage 2,full Barkers exhaust system ,open lid Stock filter,for jets I have now 185main, 45 pilot,75 stater,55 leak,aftermarket A/F at 2.5 and spark plug was tan/brown'ish I have the green wire mod in the cdi,and jumped the throttle safety switch, where I live in fl I'm 104' from sea level and of course Florida is humid.... now for stator specs, Black to Blue wire 26.8 ohms white to Blue 7.6/7.7 ohms white to black 34.2 ohms I tried different settings I have a Fluke Multimeter a good one,and the red wire has nothing with no other wires,even tried volt settings,also I wanted to add the the carburetor on my trx450er has the oem none adjustable needle, I did ordered the NCYQ one from Alba racing, and also I ordered a new boot for the spark plug, but now I'm thinking a new stator is needed.... I have checked the valves more than 15 times,compression is over 108 psi,anyone with any input it's very very much appreciated thank you very much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I checked the resistance on the stator of my 06 trx450er, because it tries to start and dies,I've got to the point,where I keep the start button pressed and turn the black knob (idle/speed adjuster) and I've managed to keep the bike running, but once it's off so I can inspect spark plug to see if it's lean or rich,when I try to start the bike it sounds like it has no juice,even having jumper wires from truck,and if I turn down the idle it'll turn over but won't start,it'll just backfire and try to start but won't stay running, mods: 100mm Cylinder with CP Carillo piston, Stock Ferrea Valves and springs, Hotcams stage 2,full Barkers exhaust system ,open lid Stock filter,for jets I have now 185main, 45 pilot,75 stater,55 leak,aftermarket A/F at 2.5 and spark plug was tan/brown'ish I have the green wire mod in the cdi,and jumped the throttle safety switch, where I live in fl I'm 104' from sea level and of course Florida is humid.... now for stator specs, Black to Blue wire 26.8 ohms white to Blue 7.6/7.7 ohms white to black 34.2 ohms I tried different settings I have a Fluke Multimeter a good one,and the red wire has nothing with no other wires,even tried volt settings,also I wanted to add the the carburetor on my trx450er has the oem none adjustable needle, I did ordered the NCYQ one from Alba racing, and also I ordered a new boot for the spark plug, but now I'm thinking a new stator is needed.... I have checked the valves more than 15 times,compression is over 108 psi,anyone with any input it's very very much appreciated thank you very much.
Wanted to update that I was checking the stator the wrong way,I just went through the service manual and read alot of the steps,I will update any new numbers!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts