Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 07trx450er. Kept stalling when I shifted into gear happened 3 times. Then I rode around the block turned it off and it wouldn’t start. Starter clutch was bad. Put new one in and can’t it to start sounds rough when I try and compression goes from about 15psi on first crank to topping out after 4th crank at 50psi won’t go any higher. But could my starter clutch going bad have fucked my piston and rings. Need help dieing to ride

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also blowing smoke from exhaust from where header pipe connects to engine when I crank

So my 07trx450er. Kept stalling when I shifted into gear happened 3 times. Then I rode around the block turned it off and it wouldn’t start. Starter clutch was bad. Put new one in and can’t it to start sounds rough when I try and compression goes from about 15psi on first crank to topping out after 4th crank at 50psi won’t go any higher. But could my starter clutch going bad have fucked my piston and rings. Need help dieing to ride

·
Registered
15 Posts
probably 2 separate issues. the starter one way clutch sometimes takes out the gear between the starter and said clutch, have you inspect all of them for missing teeth? (since you said sounds rough) No, that wouldn't cause piston/rings to go bad. but the bike as an auto decompression.. I haven't done enough digging but believe compression testing won't be straight forward.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I fucked up I didn’t know that ther was a timing mark on the gear for water pump/countershaft balancer I fixed that got my compression where it should be but can not get this bitch to start she cranks and cranks

probably 2 separate issues. the starter one way clutch sometimes takes out the gear between the starter and said clutch, have you inspect all of them for missing teeth? (since you said sounds rough) No, that wouldn't cause piston/rings to go bad. but the bike as an auto decompression.. I haven't done enough digging but believe compression testing won't be straight forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts