Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 06 kicker is hard to keep from stalling taking off in 1st gear unless you give it excessive gas. Idles great, revs good just if you don't give it a lot of throttle taking off it easily stalls, starts right back up. Could this be from the clutch basket having groves in it, any other possibilities? Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hard to say honestly. Does the Clutch suddenly grab hard like you're popping the clutch is what oure talking about? That is usually a indication of a worn out Clutch basket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesnt grab hard then stall out, it pretty much easily instantly dies with out jerking or anything. I did inspect the basket and it has grooves but just seeing if thats the only thing that can cause this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - Well I figured it out I bypassed the CTPDS (Closed Throttle Position Detection System) and that fixed it

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yeah and if you get a new one don't bother with uses baskets just spend the 200 bucks on the new one. I see so much of them for sale "used" and 90% of the time they're ALL grooved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts