Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding it around my house then the engine cut out and I thought I ran out of gas so I checked and had over half a tank... Tried starting it and won't start I drained my battery trying to start it. I don't know what to do. I thought I might of bumped the kill switch but nope... Please help

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just changed the spark plug and still doing the same thing. The old spark plug looked nasty

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Is that with your new build or still old?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone? :ermm:

·
450r XC Rider
1,614 Posts
Do you know how to check the valves?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It ran PERFECTLY fine before this happened. starts instantly and no problems. I have a mechanic checking it out right now atm because I can't figure it out anymore...:mad:

·
450r XC Rider
1,614 Posts
once the stock titanium intake valves start wearing good, they will tighten up so fast you wont even know what happened and it wont start. Happened to me a couple years ago. Not saying this is what happened, but good possibility if you still have stock valves

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts
Push start it, it starts up time for valve adjustment/new valves.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Push start it, it starts up time for valve adjustment/new valves.
but new valves were JUST installed about 3 months ago...! :angry: I clean my uni filter every 2-3 rides.
btw @ pwalston25: They are stock valves. If this is the case and the valves are worn then I will just go ahead and throw on the ported head from racers edge with +1 ferrea valves+kw springs that i bought off of mypowersports2012

·
450r XC Rider
1,614 Posts
Im sure they need to be adjusted then. When I got my valve job done, they had to be adjusted at about 20 hours. Its no big deal

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts
How many hours since new valves? Figure this: I just had my whole head redone and have approx 10 hours on it. My intakes are just a smidge tight...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How many hours since new valves? Figure this: I just had my whole head redone and have approx 10 hours on it. My intakes are just a smidge tight...
I would say at LEAST 30+ hours..

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts
Then its time to check them.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Problem fixed. The needle was all corroded and now it got cleaned and now its good as new and running again. Should I run Seafoam in it from now on?

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts
I wouldnt run seafoam all too much, it will clean stuff nicely but it can cause problems should you use too much.

I would make sure to use different gas and not let any stay in the bowl if you park it for awhile.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wouldnt run seafoam all too much, it will clean stuff nicely but it can cause problems should you use too much.

I would make sure to use different gas and not let any stay in the bowl if you park it for awhile.
So are you saying that I can use seafoam all the time but not too much of it? or just every now and then would be fine?

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts
No. What Im saying is I wouldnt run it all too often. I generally put about a good splash in my gas tank once a season and thats it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts