Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the cam thats proveides most power towards top end? i use to run a stage III cam in my build but someone told me webcam is the best..(for top end) is this true?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
208 is a better cam for top end than a stage 3 but there are ALOT bigger cams than a 208 or stage 3. I have a 242/812 web and it's pretty good size

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
J&J has some huge top end cams, he has some for sale in the want ad section. But, the more top end biased cam the less rideable your machine will be. The big big cams are pretty much for drag racing only, as a high hp motor would be a real handful with a big top end hit that these cams produce. I had a Web 208 for awhile in my 544 and it was great for drag racing and hill shooting, but was no fun to ride anywhere else. And this is a mild top end cam compared to J&J's monster cams. In addition to rideability, you have to do valve train mods, like cam tower clearance, valve guides, etc.

Have fun,
BUlldog

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
We have a stage III in our current MX build, along with a baldwin 14:1 and it is a great combo, power everywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts