Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is gonna give me more performance ? my quad is stock right now except the green wire mod.....

·
Registered
324 Posts
the cam is cheapest way to get power imo

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would have to go along with the cam...Later get an exhaust

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
HRC kit :yes ...that will solve both your problems :thumbup:

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
get the cam. that will make those extra 1000rpms actually useful.

and you'll still be able to tell people your stock! haha

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah and the cam will give make it feel like a different machine

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
i say cam, but then exhuast is deffinatly next, so it really opens up

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Exhaust and take the lid off and get a hrc jet kit, anound 500 new, then buy the cam from a site sponser for 130ish

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i can order the cam through my work for about the same price, thats where i get the majority of my parts, ya gotta love working for a honda dealership lol.... thanks everyone for your input

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
yea i can order the cam through my work for about the same price, thats where i get the majority of my parts, ya gotta love working for a honda dealership lol.... thanks everyone for your input[/b]

So what did you decide on?

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
i would do both at the same time. save your money and it will pay itself back. i don't recomend the hrc kit to anyone, the reason for that is because we always end up doing away with it anyhow. i remember when i got my duner... i said, "i'm just gonna do the a-arms and the hrc kit" a year later there is no hrc kit left on my bike besides the needle and jets. so i just spent a bunch of extra money. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
i would do both at the same time. save your money and it will pay itself back. i don't recomend the hrc kit to anyone, the reason for that is because we always end up doing away with it anyhow. i remember when i got my duner... i said, "i'm just gonna do the a-arms and the hrc kit" a year later there is no hrc kit left on my bike besides the needle and jets. so i just spent a bunch of extra money. :thumbdown:[/b]

so true, i guess a better question would be, where do i want to be a yr from now.

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
i would do both at the same time. save your money and it will pay itself back. i don't recomend the hrc kit to anyone, the reason for that is because we always end up doing away with it anyhow. i remember when i got my duner... i said, "i'm just gonna do the a-arms and the hrc kit" a year later there is no hrc kit left on my bike besides the needle and jets. so i just spent a bunch of extra money. :thumbdown:[/b]

so true, i guess a better question would be, where do i want to be a yr from now.
[/b]
im glad someone agrees with me...

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts

[/b]
im glad someone agrees with me...
[/b]
i also agree... hrc kit's good if you get it and leave it at that... but really who dosent end up modding even more, after you get the gain from the hrc kit you just want more!

thats why i didnt get it myself!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
ive had my bike for just over 1 yr.

i had it a week or two tops before hrc kit. i remember saying, damn this things fast im going to keep it here.. jesus i wish i could go back and kick myself in the ass.

then i added revalves all around with a link, otherwise stock + the hrc kit, and said it was "done" for the first time. :rolleyes:

bottom line, buy a cam and exhaust seperate, hrc kit wont last lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts