Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea it's worth it. It's not like a HUGE difference. But it's a good cam, that you will feel the difference with. A stage 3 cam might be good for dune riding and drag racing, but it kills your bottom end.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it's worth it. It's not like a HUGE difference. But it's a good cam, that you will feel the difference with. A stage 3 cam might be good for dune riding and drag racing, but it kills your bottom end.
Thanks for advice. I told a friend I bought one and he was arguing a stock cam is better with a stock motor

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Assuming you have a 06 or newer I would do the green wire mod since the new cam will now make power higher in the rpm range. Also open up the exhaust, airbox and reject accordingly. Without proper jetting and more airflow the cam won't add much

·
Registered
44 Posts
FYI, the stage 2 HR cam is virtually the same as the HRC cam. I bought a stage 2 when I rebuilt, not realizing the bike I bought had the HRC cam in it. Now I just swap them out when it's time for adjusting the valve lash. I can't tell the difference really.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,308 Posts
Your friend is 100% correct
But
Did you tell your friend that after you install the cam you will no longer have a "stock motor"
Hawk, I know I’ve said this before, but you always say what I’m thinking lol. I’ve looked at this thread about ten times trying to come up with a nice response, but I really Just want to state the facts as you do lol!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Assuming you have a 06 or newer I would do the green wire mod since the new cam will now make power higher in the rpm range. Also open up the exhaust, airbox and reject accordingly. Without proper jetting and more airflow the cam won't add much
I have an 05. Does your opinion change being an older bike

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
I have an 05. Does your opinion change being an older bike
Yes and no, you dont have the option of a green wire mod but you still wont get the most out of the cam without opening up the motor. Even if you just buy an exhaust end cap off Ebay, remove the lid, drill the breather T and reject it will allow you to get more out of the cam as well as what those changes will give you. A full exhaust seems to help a first gen a little more then on the second gen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts