Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to this site, so forgive me if you have already gone this route. I ordered my 450R in October and have had it since January. The thing rips. I installed a FMF Titanium 4 Pipe and the FMF Powerbomb Header. Customized the airbox lid (basically open) and installed the K&N airfilter. There website sugested a 122 or 125 main jet. WRONG! I now with the help of the guys at ALBA RACING changed the pilot to a #50, the main to a #190, and moved the clip on the needle down to the forth possistion. The thing kicks butt now, pulls most the way through the powerband, until I hit the rev. limiter. Changing the front sproket to a 13 tooth also helped with the bottom end. I would like to get one of the Hot Cams but I don't know whether to get the stage 1 or stage 2.. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Well, i have a stage 2 cam, and i have a dmc exaust, this combo is great i also have the k&n air filter and a basicly open lid. Altho the cam said mid and top increase, this things has gained a wayyyyy better holeshot, and it just screams, i have to try this setup back with stock tires to see the actual change but i recommend this cam.

I have a question to, should i change my stock pilot jet, as of right now i am runnin a dyno jet needle, with the air screw piece in the air fuel screw, but pilot jet, does this need to be changed, thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts