Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I apologize for repeating a common thread but here we go I recently traded and ar for a 2005 trx 450r the guy I traded with told me the local shop told him the stator was bad I got the bike home rode it because I couldn't test ride at his apartments so I test drove the bike and it would cut out on top end so that next day I went got a stator and while I was there the parts counter guy said he had a Honda hrc kit he'd make a good deal on so I bought it paid 200 for cam ,box lid with mud flap, 185 jet and needle and stock exhaust replacement muffler tip I came home printed ghott instructions installed everything and fired up he bike now bogs at bottom end , at cruising in 5 gear and at wot I cleaned carb , replaced plug and replaced stator the bike has an e2 slip on as well . The bike starts ,idles and revs wonderful just horrible under a load please help .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try going down a main jet size, sounds like youre getting too much fuel, mine runs good between 175 and 180 and ive got a 48 pilot jet

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes. I had a slip on, cam and 11.5;1 piston in my 04 and my main was 175

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I just reread, does that e2 have the quiet discs on it? Any of the quiet cores or disc set ups I have messed with seem to kill bottom end and could be part of the bog. It will not jet the same with it as is you remove it or have another exhaust without it b/c it is still corked up somewhat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just reread, does that e2 have the quiet discs on it? Any of the quiet cores or disc set ups I have messed with seem to kill bottom end and could be part of the bog. It will not jet the same with it as is you remove it or have another exhaust without it b/c it is still corked up somewhat.
I'm not sure about exhaust I bought bike used I wish I had somewhere locally to buy a full exhaust

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm new to the site how do I find it
On the homepage at the top, click the "forums" tab. There is a dropdown menu and one of them says "site sponsors".

You'll see some topics concerning deals and promotions. Just check out the sponsors websites for great products at good prices.

Immortalatv
KBmotorsports
Racingpowersports

to name a few.
Might even try sweet talking them into giving a good ol' org discount.

They are the ones who make this place possible.

Sent from my HTC using tapatalk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts