Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i wondering if someone cud help me. i have razr mx tires on my quad and i lost quite a bit if speed and i was wondering if theres a way to resprocket so im back to stock tire speed. i have no idea realy wat im doin here so if i said somethintg wrong please tell me. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
ok so i wondering if someone cud help me. i have razr mx tires on my quad and i lost quite a bit if speed and i was wondering if theres a way to resprocket so im back to stock tire speed. i have no idea realy wat im doin here so if i said somethintg wrong please tell me. thanks[/b]
Go to a 36 tooth in the rear or 1 up in the front.

·
Registered
919 Posts
basically you went with tires 10% smaller than stock, so you need to change your gear ratio 10% to get back to stock. the bigger the gear ratio number, the lower geared you are, and the smaller the ratio, the higher geared you are. to figure the ratio, just divide the rear sprocket, by the front sprocket.
stock '06 is 13/38, 38 divided by 13 is 2.923, so stock ratio is 2.92
since you went down in tire size, you wnat to make this number smaller, to get back to near stock
so 2.92-10% is 2.63
so you need to get as close to 2.63 as you can...
13/34 = 2.61
13/35 = 2.69
14/38 = 2.71
15/38 = 2.53

so it looks like a 34 rear is close, but slightly higher geared. a 35 would be close, but slightly lower.
i think i would go with the 35

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok but first to duner450r i cant find a 35 all i find is a 36 and the dumb question since i have no idea, wud i need to buy a new chain?

·
Registered
919 Posts
your stock chain should be ok length wise, but it is a good idea to replace all 3 parts(both sprockets and chain) as a set. reason being, if one is worn enough, it will wear out the new parts much faster.
the stock chains aren't all that good, and prone to stretching. new sprockets on an old chain would wear the sprockets pretty fast.

for gearing, since you cant find a 35, how about a 14 front and a 37 rear. that puts you right at 2.64.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts