Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the oil on my trx450r. When I went to tighten the oil drain bolt it would just spin when at the end. It is slowly leaking oil. I have a trip to the dunes in 5 days. The bolt isn’t missing any threads and seems perfectly fine. It’s not crossthreaded or anything. I’ve been sitting here for half an hour trying to get it to tighten all the way. What is something I can do that wild fix it for just this oil change? It is very urgent!!!

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts
you stripped the case. you have 3 options:

1. tap for a slightly larger standard or metic size
2. helicoil
3. replace said case

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the case might be stripped a little bit but it actually turned out to be the washer. I drained the oil I put in. Looked at everything. And the washer wasn’t doing it’s job. Thing was super thin. I had to find like 8 washers and stack them for it to actually work. Will be buy a ton of oem washers soon. Might get it helicoiled soon.

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts
I tapped mine out for the very next SAE size I think on my old 04 I forget what it was. No issues after that ever. Just dont over tighten it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the case might be stripped a little bit but it actually turned out to be the washer. I drained the oil I put in. Looked at everything. And the washer wasn’t doing it’s job. Thing was super thin. I had to find like 8 washers and stack them for it to actually work. Will be buy a ton of oem washers soon. Might get it helicoiled soon.
Thanks for this remedy. Had such issues after changing oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts