Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with Scott from Sparks today and during my conversation with him told him about this great site. He said within the next two weeks he will join and try to answer any questions that we may have. He also said he will not engage in any type of war or arguements that are common place on other sites. I hope everyone will welcome Sparks with open arms and keep any negative feelings they may have to themselves. IMO this will be a great addition to the site. He also stated that he may be willing to send a pipe if someone were truely interested in doing a review, BUT the pipe would need to be returned. NOT A FREE PIPE. He also stated that if I were to buy his pipe and not be totally satisfied with it within 30 days he could refund my money. Also just an FYI They have an 80 over kit they are selling and are working on 100+ over. This should be good competition to the other bore kits that are available. No time line of when they would be done. He also stated that the JE 13:1 pistons they sell are Curtis' specs and only made by JE. Believe what you want but I dont see why they would lie. Another thing I found out is that some of their cams are made by Megacycle, dont know if anyone else makes them for them. Also he said Curtis doesnt give him the specs and that is why he can't release them. Megacycle confirmed they made some cams for Sparks but they wouldn't release the specs either. IMO he is one of the more professional people I have talked with that works for one of the BIG engine builders.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds pretty promising speedbump! I hope it works out as well as it sounds because their presence will no doubt add more valuable information to the site. It also sounds like they stand behind their products. I know some have had hard feelings regarding the whole cam spec issue, but IMO this company's products are popular for a reason. They either work or a lot of people are buying into the hype.

I honestly wish I could try his cam out but I went with the HRC and I will give it a go first. If I hate it, well, then I will go "aggressive".

The pipe deal sounds like a good offer for someone looking into full tilt race pipe. I'm so pleased with my DR.D and it's meaty power and lower noise that I just don't think I could go any other way.

Keep us updated on this. I'm sure others look forward to Sparks arrival.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts