Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a sparks cam. What is the price for the aggresive drop-in? Also can you guys tell me how the hotcam compares powerwise and pricewise?

Thanks and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sparks has better bottom end and hrc has a little better top end.

·
Registered
425 Posts
their is alot of people making cams

pro circuit
tom morgan
white bros
web cam
hot cam
sparks
duncanracing
yoshimura
ect,ect.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Sparks Racing Aggressive "drop-in" camshaft CAMH04450TRXA $215.95

i have the stage 1 and 2 hotcams sitting on the shelf.
i havent used either... because i dont have a 450r .... yet....

but ... what im told is... the stage 1 hotcam is more for a low end improvement over stock. the stage 2 is a mid to top improvement.... even better the the HRC. the HRC is sort of in the middle of both the hotcams... and as far as the sparks... i havent heard much about it.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
woodward you have a PM.

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
Actually there are only a couple companies making cams for these engines. Hot Cams is the only company besides Honda Racing Corp. currently making billet cams. There are quite a few people MARKETING cams though. Some of the engine builders may have their own grinds though and use someone to grind their cams out of an OE camshaft. I seen at Daytona where Web is supposed to be making billet cams but haven't heard anything since.

Tony

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I talked to web a couple weeks ago, they have 2 cams available now, a top end and a bottom end. Also did you know that web makes the cams for LRD? They told me that they were working on some of those too.

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
Web makes cams for a lot of companies. That's also why the core charge. Anytime you get a core charge, you can assure yourself the cam is either a regrind of the OE cam or hard welded OE cam.

Tony

1 - 14 of 14 Posts