Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the differences are between Sparks agressive cam and their x4 race cam? Is it really worth 350.

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
ask him for specs so we can compare and decide .

see how far that gets you.....................mixxer

·
Registered
986 Posts
this is an old known fact that sparks will not release their cam specs. but good luck no one said you can't try.

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
listen up guys

there are only 3 cam sources in the biz
hot cams
megacycle cams
web cams

everyone that sells you any cam is selling you one of these. period. nobody except these 3 is making their own cams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes companies are even selling you more radical oem cams than what your bike came with. such as crf cams for a trx or xr cams for an ex.

the reason companies wont tell you what their secret specs are is because they don't want you to know that their cams are just stock items from one of the ONLY 3 COMPANIES that make and or regrind cams. double period. :wacko:

here's a helpful hint duncan and sparks both sell megacycle cams as their own and the trx has a lift limit of .400" (give or take a bit) without extra head and piston work. you are obviously sitting at a computer hooked to the internet if you are reading this......so search out some info and create a chart \ data reference for this site so we don't have all this speculation about the "secret cam of the week" B)

get busy gentlemen! surfs up
...............mixxer

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Its supposedly the same as the sparks agressive but with 2 extra hp up top, thats what sparks told me about it

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
you have to change to hardened rockers and valves....The race cam is not a drop in like the agressive cam....

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Desert, I read the cam faq several times before posting. There is NO info on either of Sparks cams(specs). Also there is no info on the Megacycle x1. That is why I posted my question. Hoping someone would be able to tell me the diff.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the headsup Desert. I am meeting with a local builder this week to go over all the cams we can find and decide which is best for my situation.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey mixxer, you just crushed my spirit of getting the sparks cam. After what you just said, is the sparks agressive still good(bang for the buck).

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
UFO, i've said before that cam and piston choice is intimately tied. the more duration you go to in a cam, the more bottom end you will lose unless you increase compression. if you increase compression, the bottom end won't suffer and when the cam does "hit" it will hit harder.

........mixxer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts