Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got the tank off ( which the manual doesnt say you have to do that ) but what freakin size socket is the spark plug to remove it? I tried for like 20 minutes to find the right size... buy maybe im not getting it on there straight? And are Iridium plugs a must? What difference is it gonna make on a big bore 480, 14.25:1 CP piston ?

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you have the tool kit, use the socket that comes with it. I am not sure on the exact size, but we had to get a deep well socket once, and had to grind some off the sides for it to fit down in there.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Yea your going to have a hard time to find a tool that will fit down there and over the spark plug... its best to use the one that came in the tool kit... its nice and simple... and you can keep the tank on... (as you said you read in the manual)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
yupyup..I checked mine the other day... Dont feel bad..my first time i took off the tank and all the plastics just to get to the sparkplug..but yeah the peice that comes in the tool kit works perfectly

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
dudes, wtf, use a long socket 16mm. thats it. no special tool, and use a 6 inch extension on it. and when the plus is lose, get needle nos pliers and lightly pull it off. ya'll prolly couldnt find the right size socket cause most kits dont some with even numbered sockets.

:wtf:

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Or just a normal every day 5/8" spark plug socket will work too. That's all I use and it will hold onto the plug when taking it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
dudes, wtf, use a long socket 16mm. thats it. no special tool, and use a 6 inch extension on it. and when the plus is lose, get needle nos pliers and lightly pull it off. ya'll prolly couldnt find the right size socket cause most kits dont some with even numbered sockets.

:wtf:[/b]

Gotta go with the above...no problems with the 16mm and extension....pull with NNpliers...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Gotta go with bueller, regular 5/8" spark plug wrench. No pliers needed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
sorry, but call me a newb, but how do you remove the spark plug with out taking of the tank? sorry, i just got into the sport atv scene and still learning things everyday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
sorry, but call me a newb, but how do you remove the spark plug with out taking of the tank? sorry, i just got into the sport atv scene and still learning things everyday.[/b]

Pretty sure you gotta pull the tank...I could be wrong, never tried with it being on, but not sure you can get the extension onto the plug with it in place

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
sorry, but call me a newb, but how do you remove the spark plug with out taking of the tank? sorry, i just got into the sport atv scene and still learning things everyday.[/b]

Pretty sure you gotta pull the tank...I could be wrong, never tried with it being on, but not sure you can get the extension onto the plug with it in place
[/b]
if you use the socket and wrench that comes in the tool kit with the quad you do not have to remove the tank, its a tight fit getting the socket in but it can be done

·
Registered
381 Posts
So i got the tank off ( which the manual doesnt say you have to do that ) but what freakin size socket is the spark plug to remove it? I tried for like 20 minutes to find the right size... buy maybe im not getting it on there straight? And are Iridium plugs a must? What difference is it gonna make on a big bore 480, 14.25:1 CP piston ?[/b]
IT is a 16mm automotive plug socket but you have to grind off the sides toget it to fit... As mentioned above i use the pugsocket from a crf... Or in the tool kit you get a long little socket....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts