Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 trx450r and have no clue what’s going on. It completely baffles me on what it could be. It only sparks after I unplug and plug in the 6 pin connector to the cdi enough times that I’ll hear a click inside of the cdi. After I hear the click it will start and run 1st kick and run fine. Then randomly the spark is gone and I have to wait for the click. I’ve taken the entire wiring harness apart and everything looks good. I’ve used 2 different stators, cdi boxes, and coils. The only thing I haven’t replaced is the wiring harness. HELP!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
im working on a buddies 04 and the same exact thing is happening to me, orginally the bike had the crankshaft bearings so worn out that it marked up the flywheel so after a rebuild we had to change that, after we did that it started to get spark for a while then it would only spark randomly, then nothing, weve switched stators, checked resistance on the stator and i bought a peak voltage adapter and its pushing good power, high, low and pulse all the way to the cdi, switched cdi's with one thats the same, checked and switched the coil, wire and boot, ive checked for continuity everywhere, checked for dirty connections there was none but i cleaned them anyway, checked resistance everywhere found a few bad wires and fixed them, i pulled the black and white/kill wire out of the cdi's 6p connector and "hot wired" red to black from the ignition key eliminating it, during all of this it would randomly start to spark again, run perfectly, and then stop sparking, but the only thing i can tell is that theres power going to the cdi/icm but not from it, unless i kick it over a few times and then unplug the 6 pin connector out of the cdi and then plug it back in, when it makes that "click" sound after if i do that, power spikes over 100v while reading it at the coil which is right but only happens when i do that and it happens to both cdi's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts