Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post a couple of pix I took yesterday of my '55. A couple of guys have asked to see it, so I finally
pulled it out of shop and snapped a few off.

Quick rundown:

Street legal, although I drive it with 15" wide slicks and open headers, so not "technically" street legal. :whistle:
But everything is good, titled, insured, plated, turn signals and headlights functional, etc.

Engine: Mild 454 BB Chevy spinning 10.25:1 pistons on 90 octane pump gas. Runs 11.20's in the 1/4 at roughly 119mph.

Hope ya like it!!

Later- Kris

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple more of the interior...

Full cage, digital dash, bench seat with 5 pt. harnesses.

Later- Kris

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
beautiful car. Now get some pics of the other toys you luckybastard.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
awesome race car! I love the belairs, is that a power glide transmission, if so can you tell me how it works, compared to the manual transmissions with standard three pedals?- Darius,

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
Awesome ride Kris. I was loving it before I even got to the interior... I don't think that dash could be any cleaner looking. Great stuff man... bet it's a blast to drive.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments guys. :blushing:

I've owned this car for 8 or 9 years now. Bought it from one of the engine gurus of the "World of Outlaws" winged sprint cars, Earl Gaerte of Gaerte Engines in
Rochester, IN. (which is roughly 25 miles from me.)

I drag raced it for 2 full seasons before deciding the risk of wadding it up wasn't worth it. (A close call with a supercharged '63 Vette didn't help!)
Anyways, it has sat in the garage for the most part for the last 6 yrs. I get it out 2-3 times a year to blow the dust off of it, but for the most part
it sits... :(: With the amount of deer, other critters, and other idiots on the road, it would make me sick to wreck it.

Sooo, unfortunately there is a good chance I might be selling it in the near future. Haven't decided for sure yet, but I'd like to get a nice street car
in the 12-15k range that I wouldn't be near as uptight about driving, lol. We'll see what happens...

Anyways, thanks again for props!

Kris

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome race car! I love the belairs, is that a power glide transmission, if so can you tell me how it works, compared to the manual transmissions with standard three pedals?- Darius,[/b]
Hey Darius-

Nope, no powerglide tranny for me. This car is a tad too heavy and short on hp to really utilize the 2 speed powerglides.

I run a turbo 400 tranny with a manual reverse valve body. How it works is that the shift pattern goes P, R, N, 1, 2, 3. Park is all the way to the front, pull it back
into reverse, then neutral. On the starting line, I pull it into 1st and set the line-loc, which locks the front brakes. Once it launches, pull 2nd at 6000rpm, and then pull 3rd (which takes the lever along with the little trigger lever in front of the shifter). Mucho fun, but unfortunately it's getting crazy expensive to race.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I LOVE IT..... now you know I have to ask who painted it? someone took their time on it

DEREK[/b]
Can't remember the guys name. Guy lives in NY now. I remember Earl telling me that when the car was painted in '94 (same paintjob still) that it ran him
7k.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what's all done to the motor to run that ET..... I know it ain't no light car :thumbup:[/b]
It's pretty mild actually. Car isn't quite as heavy as you might think. Full double rail tube chassis, 9 inch Ford rear end, and weighs 3180#'s (less driver).

Run of the mill 454 block, Chevy steel heads, single plain intake, solid lifter cam, 10.25:1 pistons, 850cfm dbl. pumper carb, msd 7al ignition. Nothing exotic.
Probably puts down 475 horse roughly. Never stuck it on the dyno, but just guessing based on the weight of the car and e.t.'s.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
i seen a nice spot in the back seat to put a big bottle! :_specialED:

nice ride Kris...beautiful for sure

i was into muscle cars when i was a lil younger but always got into trouble so trucks for me now

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
That is an awesome "double nickel" Chris! :thumbup:
The 55's allways were my favorite.
I love the dash/interior, very nice clean look!
Does it have a glass body?

A sweet look'n 55 with a big block that runs 11's.........how........oops!........oh god..... I think I better go change!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is an awesome "double nickel" Chris! :thumbup:
The 55's allways were my favorite.
I love the dash/interior, very nice clean look!
Does it have a glass body?

A sweet look'n 55 with a big block that runs 11's.........how........oops!........oh god..... I think I better go change![/b]
LOL, sorry that it caused ya to soil yourself Steve! ;) But glad ya like it!

But, to answer yours and prlandry's question, unfortunately it is not all steel. The complete doghouse is fiberglass, the rest of the car
is steel with function windows, etc. The trunk has a hidden switch under the rear "bumper" that actuates an electric cylinder to raise
and lower the trunk lid.

Later- Kris

1 - 20 of 28 Posts