Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter i want to go big bore but duno what i need or how much its going to cost. I want to go with an Nmotion cylinder not sure with a piston, i run 110 already so having a 12:1 piston is just wasting my money really.

So how much money for each bore?

I would say the engine is built to handle the power the way i have it now, maybe not?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
call kbr on the n motion cylinder. i talked to kam before i found my athena and they did'nt have any ready to ship at that time. so, a call ahead of time may ensure you get it when you want it. they're not cheap.

if your running race fuel, you may as well have a 13:1 or up piston. with the big bore, your gonna need a new slug anyway. the cost should be the same stock bore or big.

a 97mm bore would make you a 501.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
with a 97mm bore would make ya 501 and piston price would be same either one you chose (big bore, stock bore-low comp, high comp) the cylinder is what your going to have to pay for because stock cylinder wont hold stroker cranks when bored out

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
This winter i want to go big bore but duno what i need or how much its going to cost. I want to go with an Nmotion cylinder not sure with a piston, i run 110 already so having a 12:1 piston is just wasting my money really.

I would say the engine is built to handle the power the way i have it now, maybe not?[/b]

i have a 490 kit for sale if youre interested.

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=60999

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I would say the engine is built to handle the power the way i have it now, maybe not?[/b]

i have a 490 kit for sale if youre interested.

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=60999
[/b]
i'll keep that in my head, i need to figure out how much it would cost for a 501 or 511 and decide then.

The price of your 490 makes it tempting though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts