Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Well its been 5 months today (2 Oct 04) of no smoking for me, now that I quit I was able to by my 450R with the money I was spending (burning) on cigarettes, and I don’t feel any better now, I just know I will be around longer to go riding with my Family and friends
:wacko:

Chuck M.

·
Registered
97 Posts
wow good for you man....i want to quit but i dont know if i can do it...how did you do it?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by trx450rRoostin@Oct 2 2004, 11:23 PM
wow good for you man....i want to quit but i dont know if i can do it...how did you do it?
Cold Turkey, It hasn't been easy. if you try Good luck and dont tell anyone because they will watch you like a hawk waiting for you to cheat.

This was my main reason (kids)!!

And this is the other reason

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Congrats man! :D I used to chew kodiak for about 8 yrs and its been almost 2 yrs since my last chew.

If you want to quit smoking and you can't do it cold turkey ask your doctor about a drug called wellbuetrin (sp). 2 guys I work with started taking it at the same time and neither one of the smokes any more, they said that it makes it taste nasty and that it almost makes you get sick if you smoke once you've started taking it. That drug is also used for treating depression.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congrats. I need to quit also.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I smoked a pack a day for 5 years then quit cold turkey. It's been about 7 years now. For me everyone knowing I was quiting helped me. When I would go to work each day my friends would taunt me, and tell me I would never make it a week, then a month, then a year. Just to prove them wrong helped me quit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
never smoked never will :lol: wish I had a money consuming lifestyle that I could quit to justify the payments on my quad... but my quad is my money consuming hobby and I love every minute (and dollar) of it :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts