Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just asked a little while ago about what pipe i should get for motocross. But i was thinking that i should just get a slip on, instead of the hole system. I dont think that i would lose much power because the header is so big i didnt think i should waste the money on it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
a head pipe will make a diff. but if you only want a slip on then...............................................................................

<span style="font-family:Impact">DR.D</span>

·
Registered
572 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rkid41@Oct 6 2004, 09:42 AM
i just asked a little while ago about what pipe i should get for motocross. But i was thinking that i should just get a slip on, instead of the hole system. I dont think that i would lose much power because the header is so big i didnt think i sh
ould waste the money on it. What do you guys think?
I asked the same question in the eng section page 3 FULL SYSTEM OR SLIP ON.
Read on! Also read the DR.D info on page 2.Desert450r has tested full & slip on
systems.I ordered the DR.D from go parts direct.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Speedbump@Oct 6 2004, 12:07 PM
a head pipe will make a diff. but if you only want a slip on then...............................................................................

<span style="font-family:Impact">DR.D</span>

You can also get the Pro Circuit titanium slip-on because it's exactly like the Dr.D!! :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
As far as a slip on versus a complete system there are differences in performance but the difference isn't that significant. You may or may not notice it but if your going to race your TRX then I would suggest replacing your stock system with a complete system. If you trail ride and just mess around a little the slip on will be just fine. Either way you'll notice a tremendous difference from both systems versus your stock system.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by quadboy@Oct 6 2004, 06:09 PM
As far as a slip on versus a complete system there are differences in performance but the difference isn't that significant. You may or may not notice it but if your going to race your TRX then I would suggest replacing your stock system with a complete system. If you trail ride and just mess around a little the slip on will be just fine. Either way you'll notice a tremendous difference from both systems versus your stock system.
Quadboy is totally right. I would use a slip-on if you mess around. The full exhaust is really for the racer that wants that edge on the track. But, you really won't notice it. That was the first thing Pro Circuit ask me,,,,,,,"do I race".."I said no". They told me not to get the header. Now that's a good company. They wanted what was best for me not there pocket book!!! :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys...... i will probably get the full system cause i race motocross and i would like the edge on people. I have narrowed it down to the Dr. D or the HMF BB series.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rkid41@Oct 6 2004, 06:49 PM
thanks guys...... i will probably get the full system cause i race motocross and i would like the edge on people. I have narrowed it down to the Dr. D or the HMF BB series.
Cool, the rest is up to you. I would call each company and see what they offer and go from there!! Good luck! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts