Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hunting for a set of skids for my new TRX. I found a good deal on an AC chassis skid that is an 1/8 inch thick. If I will be desert, woods, and dune riding is an 1/8 inch skid going to be good enough for the chassis? I am going to go with the AC racing skid .190 thick and I think that feels pretty thick.... but that may be over kill for the chassis. I am new to quads so I am sure I will have TONS of dumb questions just like this one :D

Thanks
- Dave

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have the PRM swingarm skid and would HIGHLY recomend it. I had a AC Racing swingarm skid and it was JUNK in comparison. 4 of the 6 mounting holes didn't line up and overall quality was $hit!!!! I mounted a 3/16 skid and ride in rocks an such all the time and have had no problems. I also have a PRM 3/16 chassis skid that I run if I know I will be in a rocky area. I don't run it in the sand locally because there is no need.

PRM all the way in my opinion!!!!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
well i have armidillo a arms and ac engine skids and they are holding up pretty good, but i did go with a .250 prm swingarm skid. i would go with prm

·
Registered
314 Posts
I was thinking about going with Pro Armor myself. I have yet to hear a bad thing about their skids.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee+Jul 26 2004, 07:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-clutch
@Jul 25 2004, 01:30 AM

PRM all the way in my opinion!!!!!!
ac is junk. [/b]
i agree...i had some ac for my 400ex & the bolts didnt really mountup right & the bolts they did give me were like an inch long so that whenI screwed the lower ones in the screwswent into my bearing carrier & put huge holes into it

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've run PRM on 3 different machines and can not say enough good about their product. I've used everything but their a-arm guards and it is all awesome.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Laz from GT Thunder has come out with a thick molded plastic skid plate for the frame. I was very skeptical at first, but after looking at the bottom of my Protect alum skid plate vs. the plastic skid plate, I was amazed how well it took the beating from Rausch Creek GNCC, which was all sharp rocks, I mean boulders.

Very Impressed.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
i have a pro armor chassis skid and it is holding up great so far, prm also makes a good product.

That sounds interesting popo, got any pics?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
well since ac is such crap :huh: heres a pic of my ac skid that went 500 miles in the vegas to reno race. oh yeah its still on and doesnt hit any thing. yeah its bent up a bit but is still very functionable. the only thing i added was a peice in the front to cover my linkage a bit better. what was funny was it was one that a coustomer sent back cuz they couldnt put in on there bike. :wacko: it went right on mime.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
When did you get it? It might be the one that I sent back...I would have needed a porta power to get it to mount up!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Who sells the PRM stuff?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
another very bad skidplate is whitebros $64 and it is junk after about 10 rides it hits the brake rotor and chain!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Jul 29 2004, 08:54 AM
i have a pro armor chassis skid and it is holding up great so far, prm also makes a good product.

That sounds interesting popo, got any pics?
Well I don't have one on a Honda. But Laz has a pic showing it on his YFZ.

Best I could find.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i ran prm last season on my lonstar r and part of the summer season and was still in good shap it was beat up and dented but no rips or broken welds. i run some GNCC and all the midsouth races (hare scrambles). i will only run prm products. if it works why change it. i use bumper,full chassis skid swingarm skid pump protectors and wide grab bar. the summit bumper has been awsome for me. it can really take some sereious abuse. great tree and quad pusher.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts