Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used the skat trak edge paddles? I've heard of people that love them, and heard of people that jat them, what do you think? I want some 7 paddles for my stock 400ex for just playing around. I want size 20x10-8, I want the 8 inch wheel because of weight and looks, is there any reason the 10 inch is better?

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
They are a good v blade, probably the best besides comp cut sand skate 1
You would be better with 6 paddle then 7
I also prefer a 8in wheel, it allows the tire to work better

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So for sale near me are a set of 8 paddle edges, but they are kinda worn down, but I big plus is that they are 20x11-9, and I already have a nice set of stock honda wheels to put them on.
I should also add that my 400 has a slip on and is geared down and i only weigh 120 pounds, if that makes a difference in number of paddles. I'll see if I can put the link, they are $200 and a brand new set of sandstars is 165, just wondering what would be better or the smarter choice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Unless you are racing 6-8 paddles wont make a big difference and even over paddled they are better then sandstars. Also the sand makes a difference, at dumont and 63hp 6 paddles were not enough for my quad and sand mt my 6 paddle 21s and 7 paddle 22s were very close, on a mix of dirt and sand on 300' drags i was quicker on 6paddle 22s then my 7 paddle. It costs a lot of money to go a tiny bit faster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts