Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is a good time to come out to Silver Lake? I have some vacation time to eat up so I don’t loose it and wanted to take my Girl on a ridding vacation so she can learn how to ride. I thought it would be a good place to learn on the wide open sand. Less trees to hit. Are there any events there this summer or fall to check out? Any good racing events? Want to schedule my time off so I thought I would start checking.
Not much sand on East Coast. Jim

·
Registered
587 Posts
Anytime is a good time really, holiday weekends aren't a good idea if you want to teach someone how to ride because it's a zoo out there but heres a site with a lot of information on activities going on in and around the area for the whole summer.

Silver Lake Sand Dunes

·
Registered
462 Posts
There's that apple festival in september. I've never been to that but they already have signs up for it. Don't know how busy of a weekend it'll be though. I agree about the holiday's though like labor day....there's some wreckless people out there and its easy to get hurt with so many people.

http://www.thinkdunes.com/events/09/2008/1/

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's that apple festival in september. I've never been to that but they already have signs up for it. Don't know how busy of a weekend it'll be though. I agree about the holiday's though like labor day....there's some wreckless people out there and its easy to get hurt with so many people.

http://www.thinkdunes.com/events/09/2008/1/[/b]
Thanks i will check out the links Jim

·
Registered
462 Posts
oh and as far as racing...there's a fall hill climb, couldn't find a date on it. I've gone to the last two if you have any questions about it. Although I don't plan on doing it again.

·
Registered
587 Posts
oh and as far as racing...there's a fall hill climb, couldn't find a date on it. I've gone to the last two if you have any questions about it. Although I don't plan on doing it again.[/b]
I always have a lot of trouble trying to find the dates for the damn hill climbs. It always seems like I keep finding the ones for the year before not the year of when I find them online :thumbdown:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts