Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, so my 06 trx450er threw a crank bearing and siezed so hard it broke the crankcase, but anyways i was wondering if i need to replace the head or what extras i need to buy besides the rebuild kit and the new crank cases... thx

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I would have the head checked out. Unless it busted the cylinder and put stress on the head t should be fine. Being an 06 though it probably has several hours on it and would be a good idea to have it checked out probably surfaced and a valve job done on it. Other parts, you will just have to wait until it is all apart to see what all is damaged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks, one more thing, would you buy a new cylinder, or re-sleave it.... As you can tell I'm a newbie at this

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,257 Posts
Yes, you will need to do something with your cylinder. That cylinder is shot. You can either send it in to Millennium Technologies and have them replace it or buy a new cylinder. I don’t recommend sleeving the cylinder. As far as everything else in the motor, as mentioned, you’ll have to tear it down and get an idea of what needs to be replaced. I’ve dealt with this a couple times and usually it’s not pretty. I usually replace everything related to the crank and balancer and all the gears. If it broke your crankcase it likely broke other components as well, usually I see the balancer broken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts