Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's becoming fairly common place around here for guys who race their atv's to shorten their exhaust can....I'm wondering if anybody on here has down this or has any info on this? Seems fairly easy to do all that's envovled is cutting about 5" off the can and drilling a couple of new wholes at the end of the tube for the tip and that's about it. So far the only benifits I see is that it makes the bikes hella loud and looks pretty cool to see the blue flame come out the pipe when they let off the gas lol. But that is not enough for me to go hacking on mine lol if it will gain power then maybe!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Man I coudnt imagine the noise, mine is already way to loud with the Curtis exhaust, plus paid way to much money for exhaust to cut it

·
Registered
986 Posts
the only can that i would consider making a shorty would be the stock one but you will probably not see enough gains to justify. a few companies offer aftermarket shorties for MX and what not but they are getting rare due to noise restrictions. i think one of the big shortie cans was CT but not sure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'm going to be going by Jinx ATV tomorrow to pick up some new tires I'll ask them aboutn it.

My friend did it to his YFZ w/ HMF exhaust damn yeah it's loud lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts