Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilding the rear end right now and I am getting close to buying a new rear shock. Pretty much have my mind set on the Fox Podium for the rear. My question is where is a good place to buy the shock from? It is being paired with a 22" Walsh Desert/Baja swing arm with their EZ25:17 link. Looking to buy in about a month or so, also trying to turn the ol' 450 into a desert race bike.

Thanks for the help in advance
John

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,257 Posts
I know you say you kinda have your mind made up, but have you looked into Motowoz? I think you would be happier going with them.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Yea I'm going to agree with hoser that there are others I think would perform better. May even call Walsh and see what they say works good with their rear end. I would say look for a suspension company that is familiar with that rear end to order which ever shock you buy through. They may order it set up a little different to get the best ride. Almost any shock you order is gonna need tweaking from the factory. Motowoz is probably one of the few companies left that I think has more of a one on one set up for each shock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After looking some more into shocks and reading what people have said, I'm going to go with some motowoz. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoke with Motowoz today and they were super helpful and we figured out what type of shock I should go with to match the Walsh swing arm and link. So far glad to be dealing with them and lookin forward to seein how the shock rides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts