Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what a good adjustment setup for mx is.

I'm 160lbs

I've been riding my machine at the stock settings and want to adjust to see if I can get more performance out of them...

Through lengthy whoop sections, like ones on a trail, the ass end will jump from side to side. I've been told this is from the rear shock packing up, not enough rebound. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

She will handle the first few with ease, but when I force the machine to take the whoops and keep a high rate of speed this will happen.

any suggestions????

Please dont tell me to revalve my shocks either, not quite ready to dump money there.....yet.....

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by redarmyracer@Oct 6 2004, 05:13 PM
I was wondering what a good adjustment setup for mx is.

I'm 160lbs

I've been riding my machine at the stock settings and want to adjust to see if I can get more performance out of them...

Through lengthy whoop sections, like ones on a trail, the ass end will jump from side to side.  I've been told this is from the rear shock packing up, not enough rebound.  Can anyone confirm or deny this? 

She will handle the first few with ease, but when I force the machine to take the whoops and keep a high rate of speed this will happen.

any suggestions????

Please dont tell me to revalve my shocks either, not quite ready to dump money there.....yet.....
Unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to buy a new linkage with a different shock. This has been a known problem. Why Honda did this we will never know....

GTthunder has one, but the one I have is Elka. Here's there address. I sugest you rest a bit before you look at this site. The price's will scare you!!!

http://www.elkasuspension.com/

I paid $225 for the linkage and $820 for the shock!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
try to take off all the preload on the rear shock and then turn the compression and rebound all the way down. ride it, if you find that it bottoms to much turn the compression up 2 clicks at a time (if it doesn't click then do a half turn). if it feels to bouncy then turn the rebound up 2 clicks at a time but don't go to far or you end up with it packing again. i think you'll be happy for no money spent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts