Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I have a question about hotcams shims, I'm recently building a 06 trx450er and I am using stage 2 hotcams and I also bought hotcams shims, I'd like to know which shims do I need to use,because it did have oem shims I believe supposedly no one has opened this engine, since it's an 06 and it's never been open this shims have got to be worn some what... No? and I really don't want to open up the engine again because I went cheap and used the old shims, it's not happening... I bought a hotcams shims kit....let me know please!!!

·
Truck Yea
5,764 Posts
yea your opening up the engine and measuring which ones you need.. no other way lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea your opening up the engine and measuring which ones you need.. no other way lol
Did you read what I wrote,the engine is open,I am currently working on it, and I stated it had on OEM shims and this shims have been used for quite some time,I would hate to use them again and have to open up the engine again,So in case you didn't understand, THE ENGINE HAS BEEN OPEN BY ME,AND THE SHIMS WERE OEM "I BELIEVE BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLY ITS NEVER BEEN OPENED " so with that said,I'm asking if anyone has a similar build here on this forum that could help out and tell me what size shims I could use,or how to find the correct shim to use in the Exhaust Valves and Intake Valves, I'm not asking for someone to do the work for me... I'm using Ferrea Valves and Ferrea valve Springs with Athena 100mm Cylinder with CP Carillo piston and Stage 2 Hotcams, Barkers full exhaust system and Uni Filter.... Make sense to you NOW?

·
Truck Yea
5,764 Posts

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
134 Posts
Bro, listen to whats being told to you before having a tantrum. CJM knows what he's talking about, he's been on here for over a decade helping out and learning. No one can guess these adjustment numbers, no matter how much info you provide, so swallow that. I know that would be great to have the answers handed to. Unfortunately, that's impossible, and if this is your machine and plan on keeping it and doing your own maintenance on it, ya better get to reading before you ask your questions, as not to look like you put no effort into it. Why would we work harder than you on you're machine, especially if you don't take the time to at least know the references and vocabulary. Furthermore typing in upper case will get you no where with this group, most don't respond well to being yelled at, do you? So, put your big boy pants on, take a deep breath, and try again. It's not hard to adjust the valve lash, but no matter what setup your running, the machine has to be put at TDC to measure the current clearance/lash(we cant do that over the internet), then do the math, what the clearance is now, whats the clearance is supposed to be, to see which shims need to be installed to get you're clearances back into specs. All that BS you typed means nothing to anybody, you could go on and on with whats installed and we still couldn't help you, so READ SOME MATERIAL BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS AND START YELLING AT FOLKS, TRY THE SERVICE MANUAL, ITS FULL OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TRX. IF YOU HAVEN'T PISSED EVERYONE OFF YET, AND SHOWED SOME RESPECT TO THE GROUP, I GUARANTEE WE COULD PROVIDE YOU WITH A COPY OF THE SERVICE MANUAL AND WALK YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS. And just to let you know, I didn't even know what the valve lash/clearance was on a motor till I got the TRX. It was very confusing trying to learn the procedure until I educated myself with whats going on and why they tighten up on you (valves) Now I can do it in under a hour, and know this, if you ride an hour a week, you'll be adjusting the shims at least once a year.

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
134 Posts
Hey fellas, I have a question about hotcams shims, I'm recently building a 06 trx450er and I am using stage 2 hotcams and I also bought hotcams shims, I'd like to know which shims do I need to use,because it did have oem shims I believe supposedly no one has opened this engine, since it's an 06 and it's never been open this shims have got to be worn some what... No? and I really don't want to open up the engine again because I went cheap and used the old shims, it's not happening... I bought a hotcams shims kit....let me know please!!!
Let me pick you apart a little more to show you how off in left field you are......Your building this motor huh, and dont know this procedure which is unique to each case. just because someone has the same setup as you, never ever will they're and your current clearances be the same. Next, theres no difference between shim manufactures, the shims dont wear away. Hot Rod shims, OEM shims etc. You see that little number on the shim, thats how tall that shim is in thousandths. An 06' thats never been opened up huh, OK if you say so, no one must have ridden it. Oops, ferrera valves are not OEM, so maybe someone did more than just open her up, what do you think? You do realize that removing the valve cover to check clearances involves removing 3 bolts and putting the motor at TDC. I'll give you a free one, TDC, Top Dead Center, thats when the piston is at the top of the stroke. not really what I consider opening up the motor but ok. You better get a handle on things or your going to detonate this motor a lot faster than you can build one, and seeing how you said you went cheap, you probably cant afford to be this lackadaisical about this. Shall I continue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me pick you apart a little more to show you how off in left field you are......Your building this motor huh, and dont know this procedure which is unique to each case. just because someone has the same setup as you, never ever will they're and your current clearances be the same. Next, theres no difference between shim manufactures, the shims dont wear away. Hot Rod shims, OEM shims etc. You see that little number on the shim, thats how tall that shim is in thousandths. An 06' thats never been opened up huh, OK if you say so, no one must have ridden it. Oops, ferrera valves are not OEM, so maybe someone did more than just open her up, what do you think? You do realize that removing the valve cover to check clearances involves removing 3 bolts and putting the motor at TDC. I'll give you a free one, TDC, Top Dead Center, thats when the piston is at the top of the stroke. not really what I consider opening up the motor but ok. You better get a handle on things or your going to detonate this motor a lot faster than you can build one, and seeing how you said you went cheap, you probably cant afford to be this lackadaisical about this. Shall I continue?
LOL!!!! I didn't read your stupid comment....I won't waste any time of my life reading your stupidity... I bought all aftermarket parts the engine has all oem parts!!! CAN YOU READ 📚 I BOUGHT ALL THE AFTERMARKET PARTS!!!! FUCKING RETARD!!!!🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

1 - 8 of 8 Posts