Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got back from a ride and I noticed that the 450 almost shook me to death at 4th and 5th gear in the rpms. what would it take to fix this problem?? that is the one and only problem I have with this bike and other than that it is freakin awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Is it from the paddles?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no just on a flat ,strait,dirt road.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
well if your on a flat dirt road...the paddles will shake you up because there ment to dig into sand and if the ground is hard you will just virbate to hell as you get faster.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not have paddles !why the hell would I have them on a dirt road any ways lol just plain old stock tires!!! what do those steering dampners or stabilizers do??? would it help this situation ?? does anyone else have this problem???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by Fender@Sep 6 2004, 01:59 PM
I do not have paddles !why the hell would I have them on a dirt road any ways lol just plain old stock tires!!! what do those steering dampners or stabilizers do??? would it help this situation ?? does anyone else have this problem???
I think it is something wrong with your guad because mine is all stock and i do most of my riding on the road and i am topped out in fifth gear all the time and i have never noticed any shaking or anything. You may have a bent rim or axle. I bent the axle on my old raptor and it would shake you to death in 5th gear.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I know I said shaking but it is more like "sqirrerly" and the bars move a little. it doesnt help much that the guy I bought it from f-ing rolled the damn thing and didnt tell us!!!!!!!!so it might need a new axle ? I might as well buy one ehh???

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by Fender@Sep 6 2004, 02:59 PM
I do not have paddles !why the hell would I have them on a dirt road any ways lol just plain old stock tires!!!
If you don't have paddles then mabey you should change your avatar
It leads people to believe that you have paddles since it clearly states that you do.

Well anyways, a steering stablizer will keep you bars from wanting to turn every time you hit a rock or bump.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
if your front alignment is off, that can cause this problem too....But I would check for bent rims or a bent axle first...If those are fine, then re-align it....

Yes I know that angles dont wobble. But if your front tires are toed in too much they will want to both turn in at the same time...and this makes the quad shake back and forth.....It also wears out your front tires in a hurry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That happened with mine and the stock rear tires were out of balance. Try running it jacked up and see if it's the rear that's giving you the trouble.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just bought new razrs for it ,so we will see if that works. we already checked the toe, and axle and they are fine but the axle has a bend smaller than a milimeter would that effect it??In the near future I am going to buy an axle so im not to worried. B)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts