Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am almost 6'4". I am looking into making my quad a little more comfy lol. I already ave a House +2 stem. I was wondering who makes the best risers out there? I have fat bars (flex bars) by the way. Also I was wondering if anyone makes a kit to lower the footpegs? If so, does the kit allow me to retain the use of my pro armor nerf bars? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks a lot for any replies, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hey guys I am almost 6'4". I am looking into making my quad a little more comfy lol. I already ave a House +2 stem. I was wondering who makes the best risers out there? I have fat bars (flex bars) by the way. Also I was wondering if anyone makes a kit to lower the footpegs? If so, does the kit allow me to retain the use of my pro armor nerf bars? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks a lot for any replies, I appreciate it.[/b]
I'm 6'1" and I run a +1 tag stem with a GPR and tag CR high bars...... still alittle low for me!!!!! GPR will add about 2" to your set up!!! Made one of the biggest differents I've seen in my quad as far as handling!!!!!

As far as I know there is no foot pegs out there that are lowwer then stock........

Roxy(SP) make risers.......

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
roxspeedfx.com

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys I am almost 6'4". I am looking into making my quad a little more comfy lol. I already ave a House +2 stem. I was wondering who makes the best risers out there? I have fat bars (flex bars) by the way. Also I was wondering if anyone makes a kit to lower the footpegs? If so, does the kit allow me to retain the use of my pro armor nerf bars? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks a lot for any replies, I appreciate it.[/b]
I'm 6'1" and I run a +1 tag stem with a GPR and tag CR high bars...... still alittle low for me!!!!! GPR will add about 2" to your set up!!! Made one of the biggest differents I've seen in my quad as far as handling!!!!!

As far as I know there is no foot pegs out there that are lowwer then stock........

[/b]

What is a GPR? Thanks

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

[/b]

What is a GPR? Thanks
[/b]
its a steering stabilizer.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I thought BUT, in the original post he said, "The GPR will add about 2 inches to your setup." Therfore I was confused, lol.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That is what I thought BUT, in the original post he said, "The GPR will add about 2 inches to your setup." Therfore I was confused, lol.[/b]
It a stablizer that takes the place of your anti-vibe handle bar mount!!!!! Works great!!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
That is what I thought BUT, in the original post he said, "The GPR will add about 2 inches to your setup." Therfore I was confused, lol.[/b]
It a stablizer that takes the place of your anti-vibe handle bar mount!!!!! Works great!!!!
[/b]
the ac pro-pegs without heel guards used to be down 1"

i dont know if they still make them or still are...

Eric

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those Rox risers are nice but I don;t have that much to spend on them right now. I was thinking about getting the Tusk risers for 20 bucks off rocky mountain. Is there something a little better than these that I can get without paying an arm and a leg? Thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
my buddies got a set in the forsale section. names dedicated2ride

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
edit: i need to read the whole posts before i reply haha

i have a set of the tusk universal risers coming in this week, if ya wanna wait i'll let ya know how they work.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bigred I sent him a PM. Yea let me know how you like them once you get them on, i would appreciate it, thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Pro Armor makes a set of pegs that are lower than stock but I think you have to go with a full replacement of pegs and nerfs. Call them. Of course, heel guards are always a good idea. I wear a size 12 boot and don't have any problems with the heel guards getting in the way. If fact, I like resting my heels down on them.

I am 6' 5.5" and I run a +1" ATV Fourplay steering stem with Flexxbar ATV bend handlebars. Even though you are taller, your arms are also longer to reach down. If you put your bars too high then they will be like ape hangers. You definitely don't need anything more than a +2...especially if you get those pegs down.

BTW, if you want the lowest possible pegs then get the Magnum Propegs for a 400ex. These are often on e-bay for ~ $100-125. These will mount up to your 450r if you slightly oval the mounting hole using a dremel. You won't have heelguards with these. If you don't like the way the nerfs fasten to the frame with u-bolts then you can order the front mount from Rath Racing. The Magnum's mount up fine with just a little effort.

If none of the vendors who support this website can help you out, try Colby at cdracingonline.com. I bought my last set from him for about $150. He can still get them. I would first try supporting those who support the site though. Maybe one of the vendors will see this and let you know.

/Jon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts