Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm not a fan of cleaning oil filters. In my opinion once it is dirty it will never be as clean as a new one. I buy Emgo oil filters off of ebay from atvaddiction.com 5 for $22.95 shipped to me. I think that is fair. I change the oil in my engine every time I ride and the filter every other time. I also change my transmission oil every other time I change the engine oil.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r@Jul 8 2004, 12:06 AM
I use something similar ... It is the CRT Performance brand ... It is the same except it comes apart so you can clean it better ...

http://www.furious-flow-filters.com/

~
im getting one of these...how come their part numbers are the same for the 400ex & the 450r....i know they are different oil filters...are these filters really easy to clean?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as some people saying the Scotts filter is hard to clean! :mellow: I just wash it with soap and water and then I blow it out with carb cleaner and let it dry. I've been using one for over a year and had no problems! :D

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
im not paying $80 for a oil filter...$50 is still hard but easier then the $80...ill wait untill august & pray I get one b4 they sell out again

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My filter for my 450R was $70. Anyways, it don't matter what you buy as long as you like it. Even if you spend a $100! It won't take that long to get your money back from buying the paper one's!! :D

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i buy in bulk off ebay..I am running the hiflo oil filters right now & I have 2 left but I got 5 for $20 shipped...I dont want to run these anymore...the look really cheap

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your motor is the most important thing on that bike!

Treat it well! Ride it hard! B)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts