Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is 2 of the decent pics of the new theme at SL before it rolled on me lol.

now the aftermath of the wreck.....

ok.. so is went out to take the a-arms and shocks off, and went a little further..

couple questions for you guys. im going to get the frame cleaned for pc this week. did you take those steering stem bearings out? the retaining ring broke my snapring tool. i figured i could cover it for blasting/pc, and it would be alright? i took the dust seal off.

on the valve cover, is it safe to pc the magnesium or whatever the hell it is?

next weekend ill hopefully have it back together and with the LT :rock:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
here is 2 of the decent pics of the new theme at SL before it rolled on me lol.

now the aftermath of the wreck.....

ok.. so is went out to take the a-arms and shocks off, and went a little further..

couple questions for you guys. im going to get the frame cleaned for pc this week. did you take those steering stem bearings out? the retaining ring broke my snapring tool. i figured i could cover it for blasting/pc, and it would be alright? i took the dust seal off.

on the valve cover, is it safe to pc the magnesium or whatever the hell it is?

next weekend ill hopefully have it back together and with the LT :rock:[/b]
it might not be the same but when we powder coated my moms banshee frame and that same set of bearings in the stem were giving us issues so we just got a big ass socket and beat it out with a rubber mallet ...worked for us...btw how long did it take you to tear it all down to the frame?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 hours. then another 3ish sorting out stuff, cleaning some stuff a bit.

bagged and labeled all bolts. only lost one bolt and nut on disappembly. hope i find them when i pick up my tools.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
4 hours. then another 3ish sorting out stuff, cleaning some stuff a bit.

bagged and labeled all bolts. only lost one bolt and nut on disappembly. hope i find them when i pick up my tools.[/b]
lol wow not bad one one bold in 4 hours pretty good , took our lazy asses about 2 weeks to dear down a banshee lol, kinda sad when the banshee has about half the crap a 450 does

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
You're getting the PC already... SICK! :rock:

I don't know how the bearing will do when it gets baked in the oven....

And as I am scrolling down I see "The aftermath of the wreck" and I see the engine sitting outside the frame and I think, "Uh O." I thought I remembered just reading yesterday that nothing major broke and then I see this haha. I put 2 and 2 together once I saw the bare frame.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yea..

im trying to find someone fast to blast my frame. i need this done yesterday.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gloss black frame/subframe/hubs.

dark blue (matched motowoz springs) on my calipers, engine mounts, and valve cover.

found a blaster just down the road who beat everyone by 100 dollars +. hes blasting it and doing the blue parts for me. my work will be doin the frame, and other black pieces.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
gloss black frame/subframe/hubs.

dark blue (matched motowoz springs) on my calipers, engine mounts, and valve cover.

found a blaster just down the road who beat everyone by 100 dollars +. hes blasting it and doing the blue parts for me. my work will be doin the frame, and other black pieces.[/b]

post up the progress. looked good how you had it. i can imagine the next phase.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks man. tomorrow, everything "should" be done except for the front hubs and my frame.

wednesday night im shooting for everything to be pc'd, then do as much assembly as possible and ride this weekend.

lots to clean still.. i want it to look clean as a new bike when it goes back together.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
thanks man. tomorrow, everything "should" be done except for the front hubs and my frame.

wednesday night im shooting for everything to be pc'd, then do as much assembly as possible and ride this weekend.

lots to clean still.. i want it to look clean as a new bike when it goes back together.[/b]

lotta work in one wk. go for it.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
It isn't too bad.. He could get it done pretty easily as long as you don't have to wait for parts... That is what takes forever. The work is pretty simple actually.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its all simple.. except the wiring lol.

i had it 99% apart in 4 hours taking my sweet ass time. ill crank it out this week no problem. unless like danny said, i hit walls with parts.. once i get the frame back i can throw the engine in and arrange most of the wiring and its cake from that point. throw on the entire rear end, ill also be going back together with the LT..

cant wait

·
Admin
2,546 Posts

i had it 99% apart in 4 hours taking my sweet ass time. ill crank it out this week no problem. unless like danny said, i hit walls with parts.. once i get the frame back i can throw the engine in and arrange most of the wiring and its cake from that point. throw on the entire rear end, ill also be going back together with the LT..

cant wait[/b]
You ride at Sand Lake in Pacific City, OR?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts

cant wait[/b]
You ride at Sand Lake in Pacific City, OR?
[/b]
Yea that is where he does.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yep.. sandlake in hebo? or pacific city, whatever it is..

i cleaned up everything.. scrubbed all of the chit, wiring, engine, headlights, ect ect... pain in the ass.

i hope its all worth it, im going to kick myself in the balls for not taking pics of the electrical lol.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts

i cleaned up everything.. scrubbed all of the chit, wiring, engine, headlights, ect ect... pain in the ass.

i hope its all worth it, im going to kick myself in the balls for not taking pics of the electrical lol.[/b]
I may have some pics of my electrical... I took a bunch but ended up bringing my buddies 07 over and looking at that. I'll look to see what I have. The service manual has a ton of pics of how they are routed. It helped me a ton.

And how did your Maiers mount up? I just bought some plastics and hoping they mount good. I've heard bad things about them.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my maiers bolted up good. i was really suprised.

what color did you go with?

·
Admin
2,546 Posts

i hope its all worth it, im going to kick myself in the balls for not taking pics of the electrical lol.[/b]
Sweet! Always nice to meet more Oregon riders on here. We will have to meet up and ride at Sand Lake. Most of our trips consist of Florence or CoosBay, but I like Sand Lake as well.

I live in Salem so it's kind of in the middle of both areas.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Sweet! Always nice to meet more Oregon riders on here. We will have to meet up and ride at Sand Lake. Most of our trips consist of Florence or CoosBay, but I like Sand Lake as well.

I live in Salem so it's kind of in the middle of both areas.
[/b]
lucky you.. its almost 4 hours to sandlake for me, and we only have schedules align for day trips 90% of the time.

i got my frame back today, along with my calipers, engine mounts, valve cover, spindles, grab bar and some small brackets all powdercoated..

all thats left is painting the frame and the hubs. hopefully those will get done tomorrow and i can assemble.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts