Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
They are fun for a day. If your into drag racing a lot you may have more fun. it is only 1 mile wide by 3 miles long, so it is kinda small.

·
Registered
17 Posts
CA/NV is where it is at. Pismo is cool for a day. Glamis for a lifetime! Sand Mountain, NV is decent. Some fun dunes and a lot of desert riding. Plus, you can ride out to where they drop bombs on this old tank.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by Jibrille@Mar 29 2004, 11:36 PM
You guys are so lucky, the only sand we have is like 16 miles long and probably 3 or 4 miles wide.
HUH?????????? :huh:

you either make no sense or i have no clue what you are talking about

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think Jonesy is refering to Silver Lake dunes. I've heard the same, small overall area, but good for a couple of days. Some buddies and I are planning a trip down later this summer to check it out. There are also trails in the surrounding area if you're into that.

Do a google search on "silver lake dunes" and you'll find lots of info.

-RR

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by t00muchmetal+Mar 30 2004, 09:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jibrille
@Mar 29 2004, 11:36 PM
You guys are so lucky, the only sand we have is like 16 miles long and probably 3 or 4 miles wide.
HUH?????????? :huh:

you either make no sense or i have no clue what you are talking about [/b]
Sorry bro.

It is more like 2 miles wide.

And yeah it is fairly big, but American dunes blow Brule Lake out of the water, the biggest hill we got is a steep 150 to 200 foot one high. Most of us with high powered quads can even make it up.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Here are some pictures of Silver Lake Sand dunes

View of the parking lot from the top of the largest dune

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sweet pics guys!! Looks like a blast!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts