Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chance to meet up with some cool people this weekend for some great summer duning. Craig (Vader on here) and Lou drove up from Phoenix (6 hr drive) and met up with a group of us locals at Sand Hollow on Fri. evening. They got in just before dark, so we didn't get to ride much with them the first evening, but we did get some hillracing in before they arrived. The next morning (Sat) I got up and cruised back down to the dunes and got in a good ride with Craig and Lou. After that ride, they headed for Coral Pink and I met back up with them (Sun) morning at Coral Pink and we got in another good ride before they headed for home. Coral Pink was for sure their favorite place of the two. I will be posting pics from both places, then Vader can add what he wants to the thread. Thanks guys, had a great time.
Fri. Evening

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sat. morning Sand Hollow

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sun. Morning Coral Pink

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sun Morning Coral Pink

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sun Morning Coral Pink

·
Registered
898 Posts
Had a great trip out there this weekend. If anybody dunes regularly or plans to dune in southern Utah, you need to look The Gloveman up. He's a great guy, and the rest of the crew he hand's with were good peeps as well. The sand is incredible out there, both Sand Hollow and Coral Pink also had great terrain. The fingers hillclimbs @ Sand Hollow were fun, and the treeshots @ Coral Pink were a blast. I'll post up some pics tommorrow.... Thanks again, Shawn for showing us around your dunes a bit. :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Had a great trip out there this weekend. If anybody dunes regularly or plans to dune in southern Utah, you need to look The Gloveman up. He's a great guy, and the rest of the crew he hand's with were good peeps as well. The sand is incredible out there, both Sand Hollow and Coral Pink also had great terrain. The fingers hillclimbs @ Sand Hollow were fun, and the treeshots @ Coral Pink were a blast. I'll post up some pics tommorrow.... Thanks again, Shawn for showing us around your dunes a bit. :thumbup:[/b]

is that your LTR in those shots? nice bike.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Some more pics - Sand Hollow on Sat.

Staging Area

Vader LTR / Gloveman TRX

Lou checking out the resivor views from the dunes

Gloveman checking out the View from the top if the "fingers" hillclimb canyon

Down in the fingers canyon, Gloveman looking up

view looking up

Gloveman doing a run up one of the fingers...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad you guys made it home safe. Lou prolly enjoyed going the Page way and seeing Powell/Glen Canyon Dam. Had a great time hanging with you guys, I'm gonna have to get out to Glamis with you guys since I haven't been there yet. Keep me posted on the dates in October. I sent you and email with some slideshows.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Coral Pink sand dunes - awesome. Great duning. Very fine, soft sand.... less hauler paddles = more here. Or bust out the gliders if you have them. I didn't try my Brats but they would work well in the sand here, but you'd have to be careful around the treerun areas. Don't overpaddle - floatation is the key here. Plus it's 6k elevation = less power.

Nice views from the back of the main, open dune area

Carving a small bowl

Gloveman and Lou

Gloveman going down a treerun

Gloveman wheelies up a treerun

Lout cruising up a dune

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK Sandshots, I got more.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Coral Pink Campground

Coral Pink staging area (non-fee)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Were very lucky to have dunes like 45 mins away.. plus dumont isnt that far either... YO gloveman you know me and my crew are down to hit glamis lemme know when!!!!! keep me posted!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts