Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my TRX450R buddies! I just got off the phone with RPM and they told me they only make a +1 to +3 Dominator Axle!!! They said they were in the making of the +4, but it wouldn't be out until the end of June. I just thought I would tell everyone this because on this site and everyone I've talked to, said it was a +4 and is seems that there was some wrong info out there. Only the 400ex has the +4. SO BEWARE!!! I decided to wait so I can get the +4. :mellow:

Here's RPM's number incase someone feels I don't know what I'm talking about.
Please let me know if you find out something different!! :huh:
RPM Sales and Marketing
(928) 771-9363
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
arnt they the same axles, i thot the 400 ex axle would fit?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, our new bearing carrier has two bearings on both sides where the 400 only has one (Two on one side and one on the other). And as far as I can tell the. Honda made sure it wouldn't fit I'm sure to help the aftermarket company's. I would be curious to know if anyone has tried that though!!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
KGB transplanted a different axle from either a 400ex or a 250r, send him a PM and I'm sure he will tell you how he did it.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, I just thought of something! The 400ex is 1 inch shorter than the 450r. So, that means if you want to get a 4+ axle the 400 ex wouldn't work because of the 450r being longer. So, if you use a 400ex axle that was 4+ it will only be 3+ on the 450R. Just a thought! :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Mine went in and worked just fine. It was Durablue X-33. I have no problems with it at all.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great! I had the X-33 on my 400ex 4+ and I had no problems at all. Since I have a new quad I'm just trying some new things on my 450R compared to what I got for my 400ex. That's why I'm looking at the RPM axle! :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
what we found out by measuring was that that main differance was the sprocket flang. the off set from the 450r and the 400ex is a 1/4 ". which put the 450r chain closer to the bearing carrier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts