Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me the Low Down on the RPM Axle for the R...

This may sound dumb but i have never seen the RPM axle and never knew anyone with one..... i have always had Durablues and Lone Stars...... but i hear a lot about the RPM axle...

I race XC.... So i need to Stay stock width...

Thank you.....

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want the -2 - 1 (xc race) but they dont have them listed for the 450r....

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
hey guys... i keep only the MX axles in stock. they are + 1 - +4 adjustable.

they offer an XC axle that is -2 + 1 .... but i dont feel there is a need for it. most XC racers willl be using an axle set at +1 anyway... so why not just go with the mx one... then if you choose to sell it at the end of the year or something... there is more demand for that style because it can be used for the mx guys too....

but i can get you either one you choose. i keep the mx ones in stock however. thanks

o yeah... and you wont regret going with the RPM

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so is the MX style only 1/2" wider on either side (1" total)? Or can you make it Stock width?

I have had many problems in the past with being any wider than just a little over stock.... Bent rims, axles, nerfs, pegs, frames, etc. :(

I had 4-5 offset rear wheels (made my rear 2" wider than stock) and i hit every tree on the course <_< it was like driving a truck though the front door of a house..... your gonna hit somthing

I might be able to get away with 1" wider though.....
...... i have +1 a arms comming but also 4-1 offset front wheels.......(stock width)

Do u have the anti fade nut for it as well..???.......

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
i dont have the antifade nus in stock... but i can get them right away... the antifades are $199.95

the mx axle is +1 over stock at its narowest point. that would work out to be .5 inches on each side.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that was a quick reply........ :lol:

Thanks and i will check back in with you and Schmitthead just as soon as i get this house payment going stright and my $3000 suspension paid up with as well.... you guys sold me on the RPM Axle....

Thanks

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Originally posted by KillerQuad@May 4 2004, 12:04 PM
Well that was a quick reply........ :lol:

Thanks and i will check back in with you and Schmitthead just as soon as i get this house payment going stright and my $3000 suspension paid up with as well.... you guys sold me on the RPM Axle....

Thanks       
dont give us that much credit... the RPM axle sells itself!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What are the Incraments that you can go with axle.... i.e. >> +1 - +1.5..... or what.....

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea but is it just a +1 and +4 or can i go from a +1 to a +2 and increase by 1/2" on either side .......

In other words what i am trying to say is does the axle only have 2 adjustments to it like say the Durablue x-33 or can it be broke down into smaller incraments like say i want a +2 axle can i get that with the MX axle or is the only 2 settings +1 and +4....... Is there anyway to get a stock width out of it......

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
there are differnet spacers... you can put them in different positions and depending on wich combuinations you use you can get different adjustments.
and if you dont like whats there... i guess you could always make your own spacers to whichever size you wish.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts