Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the quad on the dyno today and, again, I will not be posting actual graphs although I'm extremely happy with the results.

The HP and TQ graph between the rossier and ESR were almost identical and looked like one solid line except, surprising to me, the ESR pulled out a better top end. The ESR pulled approx .75 HP over the rossier with TQ being within a couple tenths of a ft lb between the two.

I hope this will suffice since there are no actual graphs, but it does show a fair comparison since both exhausts WERE tuned.

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
that does not suprise me. the esr is a very good pipe. you should've borrowed a dasa so you could have seen the difference.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
bueller..... good info. did the jetting vary much between the two????

i'll be sending you a pm momentarily.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that does not suprise me. the esr is a very good pipe. you should've borrowed a dasa so you could have seen the difference.[/b]
Yeah, I was going to try and barrow Jim's dasa but we thought of it too late and it wouldn't have made it here in time.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bueller..... good info. did the jetting vary much between the two????

i'll be sending you a pm momentarily.[/b]
Jetting difference was only one jet size, 162 vs 165.

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
small main. thats good. everything is working together well.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Thats cool steve, im glad ur happy with the results, i cant lie it does bug the sh!t out of me not knowing something...lol.. if ya ever go back to dyno and wanna borrow the exhaust let me know, it still boggles me with the main jet, 162 heck i run that at 8000 feet god only knows if thats right though, time will tell i guess..

JIM

·
Registered
898 Posts
Steve, this is a great build you have there. Nice gains everywhere + stout TQ. It's all come together for you. Don't beat me and my little LTR up too bad this year... :slap: Looking forward to seeing you do some $100 Hill runs with your new setup. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
why are threads like this even put up :dunno:

just a waste of space[/b]

u know what man, since i know steve i dont blame him for not posting graphs.

for one, theres always doubs about anything that gets posted.
theres always a builder that gets bashed and threads that get trashed. its gotten rediculous.

steve, u did a good job on the build. did alot of homework and took your time. i really thought you would end up with the rossier but oh well the esr looks better.

congrats man.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
if i was a MOD here threads like this would not last 5 minutes

this is a dyno section to SHOW your gains from a given mod or mods

if you just want to talk,got to the lounge

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

if you just want to talk,got to the lounge[/b]

he did post the dyno result. it was esr vs rossier with the diffrece of 0.75 hp

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

if you just want to talk,got to the lounge[/b]
News flash.......You're NOT a mod and for good reason! Nowhere does it state that the dyno section is for graphs only. People that knew I was doing this test just wanted a comparison done on these pipes and I gave the results.

It's becoming clear why you get banned on other sites, so do yourself a favor and ban yourself from this one.

BTW, stay out of my threads if you have nothing to add to them.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
sounds good, now the question is what one you going to leave on to ride the esr or the rossier, now you just need to try a dasa and see how it compares

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sounds good, now the question is what one you going to leave on to ride the esr or the rossier, now you just need to try a dasa and see how it compares[/b]
The ESR is staying. I like the looks better, the packing is easier to change, and I just put new packing in it for this test.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Im with D-Racer on this one, it's the dyno section dude. I represent the group of people on here that do not care who, what, or why. Ive got no allegiance to anybody but myself......I just like seeing what motor combos turn what numbers.

That said.....what did you put down?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why does everyone feel the need to know how much HP or TQ someone else's ride is putting down? AGAIN, people wanted to know how the two exhausts compared and I provided that info.

This just proves the "damned if you do, damned if you done" theory. If I post graphs, people will say it's either too high, there's no way, or it should've produced more. If I don't post graphs, people complain because they feel like they're being left out of something they have the right to know.

I am not going to post numbers, so don't even ask. I'm happy with them and that's ALL that matters.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I am not going to post numbers, so don't even ask. I'm happy with them and that's ALL that matters.[/b]
STOP WASTING SPACE.........THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT WANT GOOD INFO ON WHAT SETUP WORKS AND WHAT KIND OF POWER ITS MAKING........THATS WHAT THIS SITE IS FOR
THERES OTHERS SITES THAT LIKE DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING...GO THERE[/b]</span>

1 - 20 of 78 Posts