Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a full rossier system for my 04, and the headpipe turns bright red even when it's idling. is this normal? the headpipe is stainless so i figured it would turn blue, but the fact that it glows red when it's just idling kinda bothers me. any help is appreciated.

04 TRX450R
Full Rossier Exhaust
50 pilot jet
185 main jet
Rossier Free Air kit (Rossi filter with bell adapter and outerwear)
airbox lid off.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
it is nornal for the head pipe to glow but you don't want it glowing to far past the bend. if it is then i would try adjusting the a/f screw alittle. but does it bog out when you hit the gas ...... how does it run??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is nornal for the head pipe to glow but you don't want it glowing to far past the bend. if it is then i would try adjusting the a/f screw alittle. but does it bog out when you hit the gas ...... how does it run??[/b]
no it does'nt bog at all the throttle response is very quick - the pipe does'nt glow at idle if i wire the fan to run all the time - i have the a/f screw backed out 2 turns from lightly bottomed like the instructions said.
you are correct it just glows right at the bend .

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
mine will get red as well. but mainly when the outside temp is pretty hot. i only notice it at night though. in the daylight, it never gets red enough to tell. you should'nt be lean. a 50 is a good bit of pilot. mine never needed that much. all motors are different though.

did you move the needle as well????

you'll know exactly how hot it is also. wait till you get your leg against it. i've burned a few pair of pants and melted my riding pants.

worth it to me though. LOVE that huge header.

mine never blued that badly. minimal. nice golden brown all the way.

one problem........ when repacking. cant find stainless pop rivets anywhere. unless you want 500 of em.

i think i am gonna drill a hole top and bottom and add extra rivets. and just use aluminum ones. since there in every hardware store.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
it is nornal for the head pipe to glow but you don't want it glowing to far past the bend. if it is then i would try adjusting the a/f screw alittle. but does it bog out when you hit the gas ...... how does it run??[/b]
no it does'nt bog at all the throttle response is very quick - the pipe does'nt glow at idle if i wire the fan to run all the time - i have the a/f screw backed out 2 turns from lightly bottomed like the instructions said.
you are correct it just glows right at the bend .
[/b]
my fan doesn't come on that much, altho it does run.....cuzz i can fill the heat on my bare leds when it comes on!!

like scrapper said,......... if it's at night when you see the header glow that's fine. i like to tune mine at night, you can see how the a/f screw changes the temp of the pipe.

if you can see the pipe glowing in the day, then i would say it 's lean and you should turn the a/f screw.

are you running the stock intake? you shouldn't have to change from the stock pilot unless you changed intakes.

putting the stock pilot in will let you turn your a/f screw back out alittle.

you might be alittle rich on the main too, mine is a 06 running the hrc 162 main.......not sure what yours should be, but their is a lot of poeple that can help you here. they help me get mine lot's better but i still need to drop down on my pilot too! i would rather drop from rich, that start too lean and go up....good way to burn a motor up..............jmho.....good luck ......bm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts