Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having problems with their rims getting pitted on the finish??
I take pretty good care of the new R and it's always washed after the rides. It just seems to be the rears and not the fronts. Think this would be a warranty issue? Don't think this should be happening. My 99 400EX rims look fine yet.

Ken K

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I didn't see this or hear any cases of this yet. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Honda will warranty something like rims :( But, at least you have an excuse to get some aftermarket rims now B) :D

BTW, welcome to the site!!

-Zack-

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
what do you mean by pitting? :huh:

·
Registered
63 Posts
mine look discolored too...kinda like there is bleach orsomething on them but i always wash them

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Sep 16 2004, 02:43 PM
what do you mean by pitting?  :huh:
Its when the rims get a bunch of little pits in them, then they get dirt in them and look kinda nasty.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720+Sep 16 2004, 09:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450rlude
@Sep 16 2004, 02:43 PM
what do you mean by pitting?  :huh:
Its when the rims get a bunch of little pits in them, then they get dirt in them and look kinda nasty. [/b]
mine arent doing that....your dirt must be dirtier then mine. :lol: lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I didn't come back to my own question post right away. Really it looks like the clear coat is getting pits in it. I ride woods in Iowa and some sand when I can make the trip. Could it possible be from using them in the sand?? Went down to Little Sahara a while back and used the stock rear tires because of the wet sand and used my aftermarket fronts. Thats the only way I can think that my back rims have seen different use than the front ones that look fine.

On my 400EX I had used my stockers out in the sand with no problems. Maybe this will be one of those unsolved mysteries. Still the quad is pretty new and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm also noticing that I am wearing my frame paint off from where my boots are rubbing. Does Honda make touch up paints in spray can or??

Ken K

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
the dealership should have honda touch up paint for your frame.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm also noticing that I am wearing my frame paint off from where my boots are rubbing. Does Honda make touch up paints in spray can or??[/b]
If you touch up that area, after the paint is dry, put on some clear mac tac, and it won't wear off again, once the mactac gets looking kinda scratched and crappy, just peal it off and put new stuff on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts