Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In October me and the ol lady and a few others are taking a roadtrip up to Detroit from Wisconsin. Gonna see the WHO!!! Yea, I said The Who! I was thinking of bringing the quad with and maybe going riding. I've always wanted to try the dunes, but I don't have any paddle tires. Do I even need them? What places are close to Detroit that you can ride on? Thanks, Paddy

·
Registered
933 Posts
are you going to come around through chicago and then down 94? if so the dunes are about 1 1/2hr out of your way, you don't need paddles unless you want to drag race.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you going to come around through chicago and then down 94? if so the dunes are about 1 1/2hr out of your way, you don't need paddles unless you want to drag race.[/b]
We haven't found a route yet. Which ever way is faster from 53079 I guess. Since I'm gonna be in Michigan, I'd like to get to the dunes. We'll see what happens. Is it further away if I'd go north. Can I go north lol. I've been all over the country, but never up that far. My bro lives in Montana, so I'll be going out there in October. There's gonna be some mileage on the 450 for sure lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
are you going to come around through chicago and then down 94? if so the dunes are about 1 1/2hr out of your way, you don't need paddles unless you want to drag race.[/b]
We haven't found a route yet. Which ever way is faster from 53079 I guess. Since I'm gonna be in Michigan, I'd like to get to the dunes. We'll see what happens. Is it further away if I'd go north. Can I go north lol. I've been all over the country, but never up that far. My bro lives in Montana, so I'll be going out there in October. There's gonna be some mileage on the 450 for sure lol
[/b]
At a minimum you are a 3.5 hour drive one way to the dunes from detroit, save your time and leave the quad at home, the closest place to ride from detroit in MI is a good 2 hours.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate to since I'm already there. But I don't have an enclosed trailer, or any real good way to stop somebody from stealing it. I'll probably just leave it at home. I was just looking to kill 2 birds with one stone. At least the show will go on lol

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im about 2 hours away from detroit and there is no place to ride i just ride on our property[/b]
No tracks or anything close huh?

·
450R Rider
1,148 Posts
Arent there hundreds of miles of OHV trails in Michigan? I imagine theres other places to ride then the litter box at SL.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Arent there hundreds of miles of OHV trails in Michigan? I imagine theres other places to ride then the litter box at SL.[/b]
There are in wisconsin

·
Registered
559 Posts
most of the trails would be north of you a few hours. The Mt.Morris Mounds is a joke.....that is a county park...the dunes is quite a trip like Snydz said....3.5hrs. The other places would be like Bull Gap in Mio, which is still prob 3 hrs away. Lots of trails ya, but in the mid-northern part of the state......hope this helps....Jim

G

·
most of the trails would be north of you a few hours. The Mt.Morris Mounds is a joke.....that is a county park...the dunes is quite a trip like Snydz said....3.5hrs. The other places would be like Bull Gap in Mayo,
(pronounced mio) which is still prob 3 hrs away. Lots of trails ya, but in the mid-northern part of the state......hope this helps....Jim[/b]
actually its spelled mio. and if you go up there by lazerne there are a lot of trails but that pretty far north of detroit. im 2 hours north of detroit and its still a good 3 and a half hour drive, but if you really step on it you can get there in 3...its been done

·
Registered
933 Posts
[/b]

i looked on mapquest and would'nt be bad at all. you could take 96 when you left detroit to go home, that would take you straight to muskegon, then it's just 30min up 31 to the dunes. when you left the dunes you could just follow 31 back down to the same area that came into the state. do it, it will be much more fun than the almond bros or whoever your going to wach. j/k the who is a great band

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[/b]

i looked on mapquest and would'nt be bad at all. you could take 96 when you left detroit to go home, that would take you straight to muskegon, then it's just 30min up 31 to the dunes. when you left the dunes you could just follow 31 back down to the same area that came into the state. do it, it will be much more fun than the almond bros or whoever your going to wach. j/k the who is a great band
[/b]
I've seen them too, and they rocked!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts