Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do I lower my ride height without losing my travel and bottoming out with stock suspension.

I mostly ride trails but I still like to air it out sometiimes

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
The only way i know how to lower the ride height is either a special kit (i see them on ebay alot) or to adjust the threds on th top of your shocks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You will ne to back the top thread out on top of your front and rear shocks and this will lower your ride height but when you jump you may bottom out. Adjust your compression threw the compression screw and that may help eliminate the bottoming out factor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS GUYS, I will give it a try and see how it works

I weigh 195 so it sounds like it could work for me too.

·
Registered
391 Posts
From what I've heard the TRX450R is set up from the factory for a 165-175lb rider. Don't know if that helps you?

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I lowered mine by adjusting the preload also, haven't bottomed out completely yet :D It actually lowers it a respectable amount; I put it nose to nose with my cousin's R, and it is noticably lower B)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
There is a saying that goes "if you aren't bottoming out once in awhile your not getting what you paid for", i.e. suspension compliance.

Soften up your preload on the springs until you bottom out on the biggest bumps/jumps you usually encounter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts