Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the adverage height you have with you on it?

does it work for a tt coarse as well? or do you have to raise it?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

does it work for a tt coarse as well? or do you have to raise it?[/b]

Flattrack 4 3/4" in the front and 4" in the rear
TT 5 1/2" in the front and 4 3/4" in the rear

·
Registered
47 Posts

does it work for a tt coarse as well? or do you have to raise it?[/b]

Flattrack 4 3/4" in the front and 4" in the rear
TT 5 1/2" in the front and 4 3/4" in the rear
[/b]
Jebbins correct I believe for an average height! This of course is measured at the pegs(rear) and about 20 inches forward of the pegs(front)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks jebbin

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right now i got 3 3/4" at the skid plate near the pegs with me on it. didnt measure the front yet. just needed a base line to work from.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I knew it was low for flattrack but I didn't think it was that LOW!!
wouldn't mind trying that kind of racing, sometime.lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your ride height really depends on the track conditions and your quad set-up. The numbers above are a good reference point, but you need to consider tacky or loose track, axle width, compound of rear tires, compression of rear shock, and dont forget to keep an eye out on your rear bump stop. Generally, the looser the track, the higher the bike. This allows for more shock travel. But lets not forget about that swaybar setup either. Get your ride height to high and your center of gravity could throw you off. Play around this stuff and don't be afraid to experiment!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Your ride height really depends on the track conditions and your quad set-up. The numbers above are a good reference point, but you need to consider tacky or loose track, axle width, compound of rear tires, compression of rear shock, and dont forget to keep an eye out on your rear bump stop. Generally, the looser the track, the higher the bike. This allows for more shock travel. But lets not forget about that swaybar setup either. Get your ride height to high and your center of gravity could throw you off. Play around this stuff and don't be afraid to experiment!![/b]
I AGREE

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

1 problem i see is we dont get much playing around time and the tracks dont let us get a test and tune day. the one place i mostly race at i hold my own in the novice class and walked away with a couple second places for the year/ plus i finished second for the year in points. i got a sway bar but havent mounted it yet due to all the busy things i have on the front becasue i race hare scrambles as well. i do lower it, have flat track tires, 1 set both 18's and a set for stager.

im afraid to change because of the quick pase we race at, im affraid to hurt my current set up and lose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts