Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I have not heard much about the value and effectiveness of these Rev boxes produced by BIG GUN EXHAUST SYSTEMS AND WHITE BROTHERS. BIG GUN already has one out for the 450R and I assume WHITE BROTHERS will in the near future.

Are they worth the money?

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
They should be well worth the money depending what cam you are going with for instance, an hrc camed R would benefit from having a higher rev limit because the power is still coming on when it hits the rev limiter. I'm sure the sparks race cam and the megacycle x2 is the same way.

BTW welcome to the site! Were glad to have ya!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Just curious why so many people are into the rev boxes? From all the dynos I have seen the power on the R starts to drop off long before hitting the limiter. Also is it really worth the potential damage by over reving your motor?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have a HRC kit in my R and wouldn't even think about a rev box. With the stock exhaust the thing falls flat on its face long before reaching the stock limiter. Keep short shifting it and it flies!!!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by clutch@Aug 9 2004, 09:28 PM
I have a HRC kit in my R and wouldn't even think about a rev box. With the stock exhaust the thing falls flat on its face long before reaching the stock limiter.  Keep short shifting it and it flies!!!
Going from the dyno #'s that should not be the case, sounds like you need a pipe to me. B) also a rev box will also change the ignition curve in most cases but you are right, if your not looking to get the most power out of your R you can then you don't need a rev box or a pipe for that matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts