Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any connections to remanufactured marine motors? We are partners with with a neighbor on a ski boat and he failed to winterize it last season and now, big surprise, the block is cracked. So, we are in the hunt for a new7.4 GM long block. Does anyone have any connections or recommendations as to where to find one fairly inexpensively?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anyone have any connections to remanufactured marine motors? We are partners with with a neighbor on a ski boat and he failed to winterize it last season and now, big surprise, the block is cracked. So, we are in the hunt for a new7.4 GM long block. Does anyone have any connections or recommendations as to where to find one fairly inexpensively?[/b]
Need more info...What generation is this block? And if Gen 6 they come in both roller and flat tappet apps.(can be converted either way). I just called a customer of mine and he has one bare core (In LA by the way)

I just noticed it says long block......that changes everything.

The cheapest route would be to find a 96 up Chevy truck with a roller block and reuse your heads and induction system.

Essentially the internals are pretty much the same as the production engine gen 6 454 with the exception of Stainless steel head gaskets and possibly the intake setup(depends on what you have carb, efi, plenum etc etc)..

Piston design varies from manufacturer, but you'll be pretty much looking at buying a set of pistons with approxiamtely .133" dome height(what most BB chevy marine engines have)....

Whatever you do DON'T buy from a marine source you will be violated dry :beatingdeadhorse: for the same exact parts.

·
Registered
972 Posts
sounds like a costly (and very avoidable) little mistake. that sux. accidents do happen but there is no excuse for pure laziness.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anyone have any connections to remanufactured marine motors? We are partners with with a neighbor on a ski boat and he failed to winterize it last season and now, big surprise, the block is cracked. So, we are in the hunt for a new7.4 GM long block. Does anyone have any connections or recommendations as to where to find one fairly inexpensively?[/b]

7.4 is a 454 right? and try looking for junk yards/ pick a parts you can also try lookinghere! maybe they can point you in the right direction there is not a whole lot of support for the older style engines but they usually know where to find parts and usually at decent prices. there is a website that has listings from junk yards all over the nation but i cant seem to remember the name of it ill look and get back to you if i find it. sorry i could'nt be of more help...

oh i just found this click here hopefully it helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts