Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions,

1, can’t find the torque spec for the 27mm nut for the inner hub.

2, what spring set up do you guys use? And how many balls do you use. (I can see the jokes already) but I’ve seen Some of the videos and they leave 3 out.

I’m going to race some XC this year if that helps at all. I don’t do ride MX often.

I appreciate the help. Wife has officially cut me off spending money on my atv. Lol but I’d rather have a night on the couch knowing I got a bad ass quad in the garage lol.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Man it has been a long time since I set it up, but I actually wanted mine to engage sooner so best I remember I bought some tungsten balls from Rekluse, like 3 or 6, and put them in there to make it engage sooner. I think I set the softer engagement too. I know it gives recommendations in the instructions but play with them and find your liking. What they recommend for the riding style is not always the best for each rider from what I saw.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Duke! I just went ahead and put all 27 in there and put it on a medium spring setting for now to start with. I called Rekluse and they said since my motor is stock they would recommend the high setting, however I read your post and figured I would start with the middle setting and go from there. I'm going riding this weekend and will report back with what I found out .My buddy has a 540 KTM ATV and runs the z start pro and loves it, He won our AXCC class in 2019. he has middle setting and 3 tungsten balls. but has a lot more power. So I'll start here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts