Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New full Exhaust

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in debate on what I should order this weekend. I am getting an extra $500 on this paycheck and am wondering if I should get a new pipe (Sparks or Yoshi, still undecided) or if I should go for the Rekluse clutch. I have heard nothing but good things about this clutch and since Im a trail rider it would really help by eliminating the use of the clutch lever. What do you guys think and also throw out some opinions on what exhaust if that is what you think I should get. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
its your stuff. but I would get the exhaust. I would get Sparks....but thats just me

I would never give up my clutch again....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Im leaning towards Sparks on the exhaust. As far as the clutch you dont loose functionality of the clutch lever. From what I understand you can adjust the "stall" spped basically and turn it all the way down when you want to use the clutch again and it will be like it is when stock. Most everyone I have seen get the adjustment knob because they are afraid they will want to use the clutch lever again and end up never using it and some had ended up eliminating the clutch lever all together and rigging up a new brake lever on the left for the rear brakes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
One of the Rekluse's is on order when I get my cash for a pair of shocks I've sold comes. The system is awesome. I got to ride a 450R w/one and it was nice. He started it in gear w/out the clutch and let it sit there, got on and then rode off w/out ever touching the lever. I'll say that I love the clutch but I really want one of these. I can hold off on the exhaust for a little while.

The system won't allow the machine to stall. You can maintain all clutch control if wanted as an override but there's always auto incase you need or want it. I also raced a guy w/one and I'll say they're nice for MX too. He got the holeshot w/a stock R over my C'Dale and a field of YFZ's.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I say go with the clutch 100%.

I've spent several thousand dollars on mods to my 450R's engine, clutch and suspension & this is one of my favorite mods so far.

Those of you thinking the Rekluse auto clutch makes the clutch setup work like a utility quad or a Polaris CV transmission couldn't be more mistaken. This is a high performance adjustable system that retains the manual clutch funcationality if you want to use it.

I've had mine for six months now and still just really enjoy it on the quad - if you're a trailrider or XC racer on a 450R, I'd consider this to be a no brainer purchase, especially considering the gearing and the high strung nature of the 450R.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I saw Snowgasm's review on it on Z400Central and it got me wanting one pretty badly. I do have a questions about it though. RockyMountainATV.comcarries these but in their description it says "The Z-Start Clutch comes with an external adjuster that can be fine
tuned to your riding style or riding conditions in just seconds." Does that mean it comes with the adjuster that mounts on your bars? I was under the impression that the only other adjuster is only accesible by removing the clutch cover. Can you shed some light on this because everywhere else sells the adjuster seperate for $99.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
No part of the clutch requires adjustment by removing the clutch cover.

The stall speed and engagement rate adjuster mounts at the clutch perch.

I'm not sure what rocky mountain is advertising, but I believe the only way the 450R clutch is available is *with* the perch adjuster.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O ok. So I dont have to drop the other $99 for the perch adjuster since it already comes with it? I can handle that for sure!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn, now Im getting confused. I may just get the exhaust because it takes less thought. Just kidding. I may call Rekluse later on and figure all this out. I dont know why the hell they dont just put EVERYTHING you need in one box at one price. That would be TOO easy.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK here is what I found out. Amber at Rocky mountain atv said they were going to call Rekluse and see what the deal was because her tech didnt know for sure if that price included the perch adjuster. I went ahead and called Sean at Rekluse and he said the TRX450R kit comes with the adjuster whether you like it or not and he said that price that Rocky Mountain has is the lowest he has seen yet so he was assuming it was a typo. I told him for that price Im just going to order it and make them honor their advertised price :D . I have to wait till tomorrow though when I get paid to do it but at this point it looks like Im ordering a Rekluse.

***EDIT/UPDATE*** Amber from Rocky Mountain just called and said it DOES come with the adjuster and the price is NOT a typo. This is the cheapest I have seen this clutch setup ANYWHERE. Well, I guess I know what I will be ordering tomorrow :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oops, sorry. the price is $399 which is what everyone else is charging but the adjuster is automatically included in the 450R kit so most people have adjusted the price to $499 for the 450R to compensate but Rocky Mountain hasnt.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by 86atc250r@Jul 22 2004, 12:47 PM
I paid quite a bit less than that - but I don't think those deals are available anymore B)
Why you gotta be pi$$ing in my wheaties? LOL, just playing. I know you probably got the "test this thing out for me" deal but some of us arent so lucky :( O well, hopefully ill like this thing. Another question about it though. If I switch gears at WOT will it just throw me right off the thing? You know, kinda like the auto/manual utilities when you switch gears, you better be off the throttle or it will let the motor spool to the moon before engaging the next gear and by then you on your ass in the grass.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I got one of the first production units and they were running a special :) -- $400 for the complete setup is a good price though & if I had to buy one today I would not hesitate paying even the $500 retail - especially considering the cost of the other brands like Revloc and EFM (which aren't as good IMHO)

No - it doesn't work like a utility clutch in that way. Think of it more like a torque converter in a car coupled to a normal, manual transmission --- only with a manual clutch override.... If that makes any sense :huh:

You will find that beyond the not stalling at low speeds, you ride it much like you currently do when at speed & shifting.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool. I may try and do a write up on the install and review it. I try to do this with every big Item I install but ususually get frustrated and jsut get the damn thing in and working, lol.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by Lason@Jul 22 2004, 01:03 PM
Cool. I may try and do a write up on the install and review it. I try to do this with every big Item I install but ususually get frustrated and jsut get the damn thing in and working, lol.
PLEASE DO THAT...it would mean alot to me man if I decide to get one. I want one of these bad but dont want to worry about not being able to install it & having to pay my mechanic like $60 more to do it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts