Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rejetted my carb. for an HRC endcap and removal of airbox lid. Now my engine won't start. When does the float bowl fill with gas? I removed the bottom cap from the float bowl and some fuel leaked out. I put it back on and tried kicking it over a dozen times. I then removed the cap again and there was no fuel in the float bowl.

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Did u turn your gas on.... i know it may seem like a stupid azz question, but hey, when i rejetted mine i fergot the gas off and realized it about 20 kicks later, other then that i can only suggest make sure u have enough fuel in the tank, or check the line for a kink.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, tried all that Ryan. I wish it was an easy thing like that. I even checked the spark plug, but it seems to be a gas problem.

By the way, I think I saw something about you living in Windsor Ont. right?
I live in Chatham, Ont.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Yea windsor, well actually, if u know where tilbury is i live in that region, i drive out andre lanoues everyday, we should hook up at rodney one day, its close. But im trying to think wat the problem seems to be, cuz by the sounds of it the fuel isnt gettin there, i know when i restarted mine it took a while to get the bowl filled, maybe try turning the gas on and opening the bottom bowl and see if u have the fuel at least making it to where it needs to be, then u can be sure that its gettin gas and maybe go from there?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, we'll have to hook-up sometime.

That's exactly my problem. With the fuel on, I can take the cap off the float bowl, and there is nothing there.??

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
How full is your gas tank, cuz if its not so full and like when i did mine i had a bit but i didnt remout it yet just sat it on top and the fuel was not going to the line, so maybe add alot more fuel or go from there, obviously at this point theres gotta be a prb, maybe check your filter on the fuel line( i dunno where it is, i just know there is one) sorry if i aint much help, im just going by wat had gave me trouble wen i went about doing mine,

BTW i noticed in your sign you have sum elkas, i got a few question, how much better are they then stock, is it worth is to have with stock a arms and swinger, and since your in my area, i was wondering wat u paid CDN for them?

Wich dealer did u get your R from too. i got mine from Hully Gully, 3rd one to get it :D

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Yea, but wouldnt the bike still atleast start, cuz by the sounds there isnt even gas in the bowl of the carb???

·
Registered
327 Posts
i installed a fuel filter in my line because i ended up pulling a small black plastic shaveing from the tank . it was just prior to the carb in the line. but my problem was bogging over woops. im sure it was just from the manufacturing process. are you at least getting fuel to the carb B) B)

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
its not me with the prob, but from wat i know he isnt gettin fuel to the carb, cuz he said once the bowl was drained he took it off and it was empty, that y i was wondering wat the prob is, he said the tank is full and the fuel on, and all lines a kink free,

·
Registered
733 Posts
pull the hose from your carb and see if fuel is flowing from your petcock. it could be clogged. if fuel flows and your filter (screen) is clear, fire up your air compressor. also, make sure your floats and valve aren't stuck.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, figured it out guys. When I reinstalled the float bowl after changing the jets, there is a little round white thing in there that fell into the bottom of the float and wouldn't let it down. Which I'm assuming kept the float up and the fuel out. After figuring how that little b**tered fits in there. I put it all back together and it fired on the 3rd kick.

Stupid mistake on my part. In too much of a hurry to ride.

Thanks for mulling over my dilema guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts