Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pleased with the results of my recent build. There is more that could be done but I still want a reliable duner. I think the jump from 46 ponies to 54 1/2 should get me up Olds a little quicker now. LOL. A big thanks to John (Mixxer) and Tress at Venom Performance. A very good motor at a very fair price and the best damn customer service I have ever experienced.

You may notice a big 3+ hp jump after I took the restricting EHS airbox lid off. A huge improvement. These things need air. If I can find a way to channel more cold air through that intake 56+ hp is possible. Maybe time to leave the protection of the airbox and go with an open ESR or Ron Woods intake?

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ask Mixxer...I promise he will tell you NOT to go w/ the Ron Woods....

·
Registered
898 Posts
you could always ask for another dyno sheet in 'STD' instead of 'SAE'

that may represent a few more ponies...

have fun.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
You said 54.5 but I see the best run at 55.83?

I would second that "get a run in std".

·
Admin
2,546 Posts
If you have the dyno file, go to dynojet's website and download the software, and change the correction factor from SAE to STD and repost the file.

Otherwise pm the file to me and I can do it for you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback. I do have the Dynojet software and have made the suggested adjustments. Missed that the first time around.

Hall's Precision Racing is the shop that did the Dyno. Not sure if they are in Phoenix or Glendale (51 Ave and Grand area). Jerry did a great job and is extremely meticulous. 32 runs and tuning ran $200 and well worth it. PM or email me and I can get you his number.

Attachments

·
Admin
2,546 Posts
This thread needs no drama so don't start it please. Only thing Im saying is people certainly like to give critisizim when it is due, so praise should be given when its due as well.

Nice build!

56... Hp is a good number from a 470 with Venom porting, which is suppose to make less or the same power as a stock head.

Like I said no drama please, I'm just saying that people come by the masses to diss Venom porting/builds when it possibly warrants it, but those same people don't say anything positive when it possibly warrants either.

I'm not attacking anyone, just making an observation.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I'd like to get mine on the Hall dyno just to compare our builds. They are very similar except your's is an 06, mines an 05 and you've got a venom 14:1 and I have the 12.25:1. Same porter, same carb, same cam, yours is a 470, mines is a 480. I called Jerry today and he said he'd throw it on the dyno just to get numbers for $50. I might do it just to see how mine compares to the 06 with more compression.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
I'd like to get mine on the Hall dyno just to compare our builds. They are very similar except your's is an 06, mines an 05 and you've got a venom 14:1 and I have the 12.25:1. Same porter, same carb, same cam, yours is a 470, mines is a 480. I called Jerry today and he said he'd throw it on the dyno just to get numbers for $50. I might do it just to see how mine compares to the 06 with more compression.[/b]

good idea stevo!

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
Nice curve and number. Congrats on the build.

Hey Bueller, so.. you telling us all that cause your going to share the numbers? :innocent: I know... low blow. Just giving you a bad time.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Nice curve and number. Congrats on the build.

Hey Bueller, so.. you telling us all that cause your going to share the numbers? :innocent: I know... low blow. Just giving you a bad time.[/b]
I'll make you a deal. If I make over 56, I'll share the graph. Deal??

1 - 20 of 56 Posts